SABOTAGE!

More
13 May 2008 09:07 #213298 by patmann
Replied by patmann on topic SABOTAGE!
If you guys haven't reported it to the cops.. DO IT !!
And give them the name of the person who you think did it.

I've been known, in the past, to even things up and never be seen again :whistle: :evil: :whistle:
Just thinking out loud...
I live in Central Illinois..

1974 900 Z1 modified to look like a LTD , some engine mods. But I still have all the original parts.
1977 1000 project bike
1972 H1 project bike
If pro is opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 May 2008 10:55 #213328 by violentvintagecycles
Replied by violentvintagecycles on topic SABOTAGE!
That is the most f-ed up thing i have ever seen.. Thats malicious and deadly intent, and if i didnt know any better someone wants your friend GONE. Hypothetically, 100mph if that snapped we are not talking about injury. First i would report it to the cops. Second, i would let that bike sit where the person can get at it again and wait with a video camera. Or shotgun. Or both.
Seriously, if this is let go it will happen again, thats not a prank, thats deadly.

More
13 May 2008 11:20 #213336 by OKC_Kent
Replied by OKC_Kent on topic SABOTAGE!
Justin,

Tell Action Man not to worry, it'll rub out.

Seriously this is messed up. I can't imagine why some POS would go to extremes like this. I can see kids yanking off plug wires, or fuel lines, letting air out of tires, but this is a sign they want your friend hurt, and they had to know it would happen when he's riding. This is not your average kid vandalism. You have to report it, this may be the one time the cops have enough complaints about vandalism in an area to be able to pin it on someone.

Kent

Oklahoma City, OK
78 KZ650 B2 82,000+ miles

More
13 May 2008 12:02 #213343 by BSKZ650
Replied by BSKZ650 on topic SABOTAGE!
Damn,,, that is something I would never expect to see on a bike, almost sounds like something you would see in the movies not real life.
I second a good ole ass whopping contest to the low life

As for the fix, tack weld all the cut tubes in several places prior to taking it apart, since it may try to "spring" when it is unloaded.

When the frame is bare enough to weld all the way around with ease, then grind the welds off one side at a time, drill two holes on each side of the bad tubes and insert a slip tube or a slug as its been called, the holes will allow you to slide the tube down and install the removed section and slide it back upto cover the length plus inside the frame. use a rosette weld to secure the inside tube and then weld the outside, grind and clean up the weld, you will probably never know its there and it will be stronger than the origonal frame.
I have fixd many a race car roll cage this way, and never had any failures even after being crashed again, the welded area holds

77 kz650, owned for over 25 years
77 ltd1000, current rider
76 kz900, just waiting
73 z1,, gonna restore this one
piglet, leggero harley davidson
SR, Ride captian, S.E.Texas Patriot Guard Riders.. AKA KawaBob

More
13 May 2008 12:20 #213346 by Chopperdaddy
Replied by Chopperdaddy on topic SABOTAGE!
LOOKS LIKE SOME ONE WAS TRYING TO RAKE THE NECK !!!

Into all things fast. . . Drag boats, bikes and cars . .. sucker for 50\'s thru 70\'s style also

• guitargeek
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self absorbed.
More
13 May 2008 13:11 #213353 by guitargeek
Replied by guitargeek on topic SABOTAGE!
Chopperdaddy wrote:

LOOKS LIKE SOME ONE WAS TRYING TO RAKE THE NECK !!!

Wow, that's hilarious.

1980 KZ750-H1 (slightly altered)
1987 KZ1000-P6 "Ponch"
1979 GS1000 "Dadzuki"

More
14 May 2008 23:22 #213725 by Zedone
Replied by Zedone on topic SABOTAGE!
WTF? What the hell is wrong with some people!!!!!!! Man I'm real glad you didn't get seriously injured or worse die over this. Unreal. Whomever did this to your bike is too far gone upstairs for help. Hope you get your bike back on the road soon, regards Doug

1977 KZ1000A1
1977 KZ1000A1 (Superbike Project)
1969 Chevrolet C/10 Short Fleet

More
21 Jun 2008 21:29 #221441 by OKC_Kent
Replied by OKC_Kent on topic SABOTAGE!
Justin,

Anything new on this?

Oklahoma City, OK
78 KZ650 B2 82,000+ miles

• guitargeek
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
21 Jun 2008 23:01 #221445 by guitargeek
Nothing good. I'll know more tomorrow...

1987 KZ1000-P6 "Ponch"
1979 GS1000 "Dadzuki"

More
23 Jun 2008 19:35 #221766 by Sandy
Replied by Sandy on topic SABOTAGE!
Ya...keep us posted,Justin.B)

1977 KZ1000 A-1

More
25 Jun 2008 05:56 #222030 by Bluemeanie
Replied by Bluemeanie on topic SABOTAGE!
Yea, I'm really curious as to how the repair is being made and possibly how the sabatoge happened? Thanks...

1980 KZ650F1, Bought new out the door for $2,162.98!

• guitargeek
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
25 Jun 2008 12:25 #222114 by guitargeek
I hate to say it, but my best friend has his head squarely up his ass, and I've hesitated to post this up because I'm embarrassed for him and not too keen on airing our dirty laundry here...

I called him about six weeks ago and he hadn't even filed a police report, plus he went to the guy who sold him the bike and asked him if the cuts were there when he bought it, which is just stupid because I would have seen the cuts when I was rebuilding his engine. I would have cut my hand on that piece of swarf sticking out of the cut on the right side. I told him that I had dated photographic evidence that the cuts weren't there when he got it, and he said, "really?" like he didn't believe me. He's not very tech-savvy and doesn't understand things like EXIF data in digital images.

He got kinda shitty with me, too, yelling "I'm not going to let this mess with my peace of mind!"

I said, "Why are you yelling at me?? I'm the guy who's going to fix your motorcycle!"

"Nah, I think I'm just going to take it to the Honda dealership and let them do it."

"Do you have any idea how much that would cost?! I'm offering to do it for free! Those guys charge like $80/hr! They'll tell you to throw that bike away and buy a new one!"

It was about that time that he hung up on me.

I'd been planning to rebuild my bike in his garage because it's got a concrete floor and it's out of the wind, so I don't have to worry about dust getting into shit, so about half of my bike was in his garage.

I gave him a couple weeks to calm down, then started calling him. He finally returned my call about a week later and told me that I could work on my bike in his garage, but that I needed to call ahead because he'd put a lock on the door (he didn't offer to give me a key). I went over and collected up everything but the two bottom ends because I couldn't fit them into the car with everything else. His bike wasn't there, but I wasn't about to ask him about it, seeing as how it's such a sore subject with him. He finally spoke up and said that he'd taken it to his brother's machine shop, that his brother has an employee who "builds motorcycles" who was going to weld up the frame for free. (I didn't remind him that I'd offered to do the work for free, seemed kind of pointless at that point.) I asked him if the guy knew what he was doing, if he seemed like he was up to the task. His reply was, "Well, he builds motorcycles... but my brother says he hasn't come to work in about a week." :huh:

So that's where we are in this frakking soap opera. You could say that this has put a strain on our friendship...

Oh yeah, Greg/Arai59/Fonzee/Arai60/whatever you're calling yourself until you get banned again: if you're reading this, you keep your asinine comments to yourself.

1987 KZ1000-P6 "Ponch"
1979 GS1000 "Dadzuki"