SABOTAGE!

More
25 Jun 2008 12:55 - 25 Jun 2008 12:59 #222119 by patmann
Replied by patmann on topic SABOTAGE!
WOW!! Not much I can say other than you tried :huh: :unsure: :blink: Justin,I would consider myself lucky if I had a friend like you that had offered to help in all ways. Pictures of before and after, doing the welding , what more could one ask for ???
I guess some people never get it..
Thanks for the update.
Pat
EDIT:
Oh and good luck with your friendship. Maybe someday he'll wise up and figure out what kind of friend you really are...1 in a 1,000,000

1974 900 Z1 modified to look like a LTD , some engine mods. But I still have all the original parts.
1977 1000 project bike
1972 H1 project bike
If pro is opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?
Last edit: 25 Jun 2008 12:59 by patmann.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jun 2008 13:52 #222131 by ltdrider
Replied by ltdrider on topic SABOTAGE!
This has got to be the strangest, most distrubing thing I've ever read on this site.
Action-Man's bike wasn't vandalized, it was carefully, deliberately worked on to fail - probably at high speed.
People don't do that for no reason.
Not going to the cops, there's a reason for that, too.
Action-Man is going to have to deal with whatever's going on in his life.
Guitargeek, you're a good friend. I wish there were more like you.

'76 KZ900 LTD (Blaze)
'96 Voyager XII (Dark Star)
'79 KZ650 Cafe Project (Dirty Kurt)
Greensboro, NC

More
25 Jun 2008 14:20 - 25 Jun 2008 14:21 #222134 by patmann
Replied by patmann on topic SABOTAGE!
ltdrider wrote:

Not going to the cops, there's a reason for that, too.
Action-Man is going to have to deal with whatever's going on in his life.

That's pretty much what I told Justin in a PM.

Guitargeek, you're a good friend. I wish there were more like you.

Amen to that brother!!!!

1974 900 Z1 modified to look like a LTD , some engine mods. But I still have all the original parts.
1977 1000 project bike
1972 H1 project bike
If pro is opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?
Last edit: 25 Jun 2008 14:21 by patmann.

More
25 Jun 2008 14:21 #222136 by OKC_Kent
Replied by OKC_Kent on topic SABOTAGE!
I'm shaking my head Justin, just shaking my head. You pretty much helped A.M. get on two wheels with that bike, I remember that great post Spreading the sickness you put up, one of the best ever on this forum. And so this is how he treats you?
That's sad.

Oklahoma City, OK
78 KZ650 B2 82,000+ miles

More
25 Jun 2008 15:08 #222145 by KZErider
Replied by KZErider on topic SABOTAGE!
Sorry to hear about all this. Some things are just really hard to understand. I wish I could count on a friend around here that would be at least half as forthcoming as you are. Hope he realizes soon how unreasonable his actions are.:(

81 KZ750E2(project), 81 KZ750E2(parts donor), 87 BMW K 75C - got it runnin, didn't care for it, holding for family member, 79 CB650(project) Nomad 1700, VStar 950

• guitargeek
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self absorbed.
More
11 Jul 2008 16:55 #225618 by guitargeek
Replied by guitargeek on topic SABOTAGE!
My friend called me back today, finally. He asked me if I was ready to come get my cases, I said yeah.

He said, "You left some contact lens solution in my bathroom, you should probably get that, too."

I said, "Well, I left that there in case I had to crash on your couch... why, is it in your way?"

"No..."

There was a long pause when nobody said anything.

"Well... what's the deal, man? Are we breaking up or something? Hahaha."

Another pause.

"Justin, I'm not going to say anything."

"Dude, I'm sorry if I yelled at you on the phone before, I was just concerned for you and frustrated about your bike."

"Yeah, well, I think you had something to do with it. I think you did it."

"Whaaaaaat?"

"Yeah."

"What the fuck? Why would I do that? How could that possibly benefit me?"

"Who else has been in my garage?"

"I have no idea, but I didn't have anything to do with cutting your frame! I DID NOT CUT YOUR FRAME! Why the fuck would I do that? THAT'S CRAZY! You're my best friend!"

Click.

I don't have the words to express how I feel right now...

1980 KZ750-H1 (slightly altered)
1987 KZ1000-P6 "Ponch"
1979 GS1000 "Dadzuki"

More
11 Jul 2008 18:08 #225627 by violentvintagecycles
Replied by violentvintagecycles on topic SABOTAGE!
oooooohhhh, thats pretty shitty.. Do you think it was done in his garage or out on the street, and do you think you know who did it? Cause now the person who did it deserves a DOUBLE beatin.. Come to think of it, your ex friend would get a beatin too for questioning my character..

More
11 Jul 2008 18:32 #225630 by anarki650
Replied by anarki650 on topic SABOTAGE!
Man that's f*cked. Sorry to hear about the whole ordeal bro.

09 Kawasaki ER6n
77 kz650b1 cafe rebirth project
"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube, that's why God made fast motorcycles..."
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
Omaha NE

More
11 Jul 2008 18:47 #225637 by OKC_Kent
Replied by OKC_Kent on topic SABOTAGE!
:blink: ?? Wow. This whole thing is screwed. Justin I don't know what you will (or can) do to turn this thing around...if this was happening to me maybe I'd just go get my stuff and try to work it out in the future...sorry man.

Oklahoma City, OK
78 KZ650 B2 82,000+ miles

More
11 Jul 2008 22:01 #225659 by KZErider
Replied by KZErider on topic SABOTAGE!
Man!!! That's about as crazy as it gets. Does he even know how much you repect(ed) ya'll's friendship? He obviously doesn't know you!:( How in the world could a friend possibly come up with that kind of scenario? I can't even begin to imagine what you felt hearing that crap. I believe that if one tries to figure out someone else's craziness it will drive oneself crazy. Stay clear of this guy. There are better ways to exspend one's energy. It's a shame and I'm sorry you're having to deal with this.:angry:

81 KZ750E2(project), 81 KZ750E2(parts donor), 87 BMW K 75C - got it runnin, didn't care for it, holding for family member, 79 CB650(project) Nomad 1700, VStar 950

More
12 Jul 2008 05:46 #225676 by Bluemeanie
Replied by Bluemeanie on topic SABOTAGE!
WOW, never saw this coming! That's messed up for sure. Is this guy coming up with all this crap on his own or is someone else feeding him behind the scenes????

1980 KZ650F1, Bought new out the door for $2,162.98!

• guitargeek
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self absorbed.
More
13 Jul 2008 15:01 #225940 by guitargeek
Replied by guitargeek on topic SABOTAGE!
(sigh)

Well, I went over to my buddy's house yesterday.

I told him that I wanted just a few minutes of his time so I could say a couple things, and that he could have as much of my time as he wanted.

"I did not fuck up your bike. I do not want to kill you. I'm not out to get you. If I'd wanted to kill you, I would have shot you."

He said, "That's a great thing to say, Justin, 'I would have shot you.'"

"Yes," I said. "My point is that I'm not trying to kill you! Doesn't it seem like a lot of trouble to kill someone by building them a bike and then sabotaging it?

"I value our friendship. I really do appreciate the things you've done for me. Hell, you threw me that kick ass birthday party! That was awesome!"

He just sort of grunted.

"I have no idea what would make you think that I would do that to your bike."

"Man, you freaked out on me about a year ago, saying 'We never hang out anymore!' Maybe you did it so that we'd spend this summer together, rebuilding my bike. When you first looked at the cuts on the frame you said that we'd have to completely take the bike apart. Man, you don't have to take everything apart to weld the frame!"

"Well, to do it right, yeah, it's a good idea. And it wouldn't take all summer to do this, either. You saw how quickly I took my bike apart, why would yours be any different? Mine's taking forever to put back together, sure, but that's because I'm changing it all up."

"Whatever, Justin, I'm not a dumbass."

I didn't say anything to that.

I loaded my engines into the trunk of the car.

"Man, I love you like a brother. I've always considered you family. I would never do anything to hurt you, and would do everything in my power to keep you from getting hurt. That's what friends do. I hope that you can figure out that I'm not your enemy, I'm your friend."

I was getting choked up, and I could tell from his expression that everything I was saying was bouncing off, so I got in the car and drove home. I've known this dude for decades. He's a great, great guy about 90% of the time, but the other 10% he's just a dumb dick...

Buoyed by the support of two good friends who called me yesterday, I felt good enough to dive right in and start working on my new engine. It also seems kind of important to maintain the rhythm of the work, and it helps me feel better if I can accomplish something...

I went to start replacing gaskets and can't find my damn sealer...

1980 KZ750-H1 (slightly altered)
1987 KZ1000-P6 "Ponch"
1979 GS1000 "Dadzuki"