ok I'm stuck

More
09 Feb 2007 18:49 #111283 by djnubz
ok I'm stuck was created by djnubz
I decided to do a 530 conversion on my 77 kz1000. After pulling everything apart and reassembling I noticed that I don't know where one spacer goes. It looks like a think washer. I have the spacers that fit into the grease seals on both sides but I can't figure out where this one goes. The image on buykawasaki does not help. It makes it look like it goes on the sprocket side but doesn't tell you if it is really a spacer or a washer.

My second problem is that it now looks like my rim is bent. I was spinning it on the axle and it does not look true. Can I just replace the rim and re lace it to the hub? Where can I get this piece?

I can take pics if need be.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wireman
  • Visitor
09 Feb 2007 18:52 #111285 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic ok I'm stuck
pics would help;)

More
10 Feb 2007 09:04 #111343 by djnubz
Replied by djnubz on topic ok I'm stuck
Ok I will take pics of all the parts once I have the chance. What can I do about the rim? What is the cheapest way to get back on the road? Is it worth picking up a set of mags if I can get them cheap and if they work for my application

kzrider.com/component/option,com_joomlab...id,5/id,76838/#76838
Front Mag wheel on eBay
Rear Mag wheel on eBay

Those are some options I found but it seems to me like I should just buy a rim and have the local shop relace it for me.

Post edited by: steell, at: 2007/02/10 12:17

• wireman
  • Visitor
10 Feb 2007 09:20 #111350 by wireman
ive got some kz1000 wheels laced up with steel rims,where are you located?

More
10 Feb 2007 10:47 #111369 by djnubz
Boca Raton FL, how much do you want and are they true and balanced?

More
10 Feb 2007 12:15 #111383 by steell
Replied by steell on topic ok I'm stuck
djnubz wrote:

Boca Raton FL, how much do you want and are they true and balanced?

Rims should be checked, and if needed trued, whenever a new tire is installed. Most motorcycle shops can true it for you, it's just a matter of adjusting the spokes.

Tires are balanced on the rim, it's a waste of time to balance a bare rim, as soon as a tire is installed the balance is gone,

KD9JUR

More
10 Feb 2007 14:27 #111396 by djnubz
I thought it came with a tire, I wasn't reading closely. I know that you can't balance a rim w/o a tire.

I would like to know where I could find a new rim to relace to my hub if that is another option.

• wireman
  • Visitor
10 Feb 2007 14:43 #111398 by wireman
ive got one sitting here with a tire on it,but the tire aint too good. its this back rim and hub.you can have it,just pay for shipping but i need the hub from your back wheel
Attachments:

More
10 Feb 2007 17:52 #111431 by djnubz
email me at nubz69@hotmail.com. From the way I understand it, you want me to send you my hub in exchange for your wheel and hub that is in good condition and I have to pay shipping.

More
10 Feb 2007 18:15 #111435 by steell

My second problem is that it now looks like my rim is bent. I was spinning it on the axle and it does not look true.

Are you saying that the rim moves side to side as the wheel turns?

If it is, then being a spoked wheel that's about a $20-$30 fix at any halfway decent bike shop. If the spokes are not checked and tightened when required, then the wheel gets out of true, and that's pretty common.

If it is a mag wheel, then you have to replace it, in my opinion anyway, I don't want to ride on a mag wheel that someone straightened.

KD9JUR

More
11 Feb 2007 09:21 #111540 by djnubz
it is spoked but not only does it move side to side if I slide my hand on the rim part of the wheel while it is spinning it feels like it is bent flat a little on oone part.

Can I get a new rim? If so where?

More
11 Feb 2007 10:11 #111553 by steell
djnubz wrote:

it is spoked but not only does it move side to side if I slide my hand on the rim part of the wheel while it is spinning it feels like it is bent flat a little on oone part.

Can I get a new rim? If so where?

Sure, take a look at www.buchananspokes.com/

KD9JUR