ok I'm stuck

More
12 Mar 2007 09:14 #119478 by djnubz
Replied by djnubz on topic ok I'm stuck
wireman I haven't heard from you and could use an update.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Apr 2007 11:46 #131888 by djnubz
Replied by djnubz on topic ok I'm stuck
I am just getting to fix the bike today and I was curious if the washer on everyone else's bike is about .25-.5" thick? If it is then I know how everything is going to go back together then.

Patton wrote:

djnubz wrote:

...don't know where one spacer goes. It looks like a think washer. I have the spacers that fit into the grease seals on both sides but I can't figure out where this one goes. The image on buykawasaki does not help. It makes it look like it goes on the sprocket side but doesn't tell you if it is really a spacer or a washer.

Perhaps already resolved, and uncertain whether this might help, but here's an excerpt from the FSM about rear wheel installation:

Run the axle through the right chain adjuster, rear caliper holder, collar, rear hub, coupling sleeve, coupling, coupling collar, left chain adjuster, and washer. Then screw on the axle nut.

Am thinking the "spacers that fit into the grease seals on both sides" are shown in FSM as "collar" on disc side and "coupling collar" on sprocket side. The only "washer" shown is between the axle nut and left chain adjuster. The washer seems to serve only as a washer and without any function as a spacer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.