Throttle cables

More
08 Aug 2024 03:40 #902885 by asphalt900
Replied by asphalt900 on topic Throttle cables
First of all, didn't realize they offered a (2) pull set-up for those BS later carbs, interesting.. Really don't think it would be required, more of a "safety" factor. I've never seen a butterfly type set-up lock-up, unless something is bent/twisted within the assembly. But any-hoot, try this guy. He has probably, or used to, the largest supply of P models in the Kansas City Metro area. Just talked to him a month ago. Mark Carder 816-474-0869. Tell him Clay sent you, ha. He has literally a couple trailer loads of "stuff" outside his building. And a wealth of knowledge.   

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Aug 2024 03:57 #902888 by wco56
Replied by wco56 on topic Throttle cables
I have seen the dual cable setup but it’s the exception. I believe you are correct that it’s a safety factor and this is a police bike so I understand the logic. Believe me, I thought about running with just the single cable but decided against it. I ordered a set from Barnett that they will make up for me (they still had the specs on file) and the ones on there now are still functional, so I will have spares if and when they are needed. Thanks for the interaction and stay safe.

More
08 Aug 2024 07:48 #902898 by asphalt900
Replied by asphalt900 on topic Throttle cables
Well that "Safe" is now in Your corner, Pull and Push is will now be Your's to enjoy. Only thing lacking will be the TSK stamped OEM numbers on the sheath, ha. 

More
23 Aug 2024 03:35 #903572 by wco56
Replied by wco56 on topic Throttle cables
Just to close out this thread, the new Barnett throttle cables are installed and working as they should. I’m just waiting for the fairing, bags etc. to get back from paint and I will be looking towards a shakedown cruise. Thanks to everyone for your comments and insight. By the way, while Barnett doesn’t show a listing for the KZP, they have the specs and we’re happy to make a set up for me. They are very good to work with. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wookie58