Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

$10 Chinese vacuum petcock review 08 Nov 2023 15:17 #891493

• Injected
  • User
  • Thank you received: 403
I won't buy made in China items that have wear components in them as you can never count on any replacement parts unlike OEM Japanese items (ie gaskets/seals)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

$10 Chinese vacuum petcock review 08 Nov 2023 15:28 #891494

• Wookie58
  • Thank you received: 1789

I won't buy made in China items that have wear components in them as you can never count on any replacement parts unlike OEM Japanese items (ie gaskets/seals)
Fair comment, they will never match OEM or quality brand parts but I guess you know that when you make the decision to buy "down to a price" but it's probably fair to say many of these old bikes wouldn't still be on the road without cheaper alternatives for enthusiasts on a tight budget

$10 Chinese vacuum petcock review 09 Nov 2023 04:50 #891510

• hardrockminer
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1022
I avoid buying anything made in China.  It's not easy to find some things but it's usually possible.  Last year I bought a British made toaster rather than one of the many made in China, but I had to search long and hard to find one not made there and it was expensive.  Lately I've noticed canned goods coming from China....tomato sauce, smoked oysters, etc.  They are much cheaper of course, possibly due to uyghur slave labour.  Chinese made tools are much cheaper but not as accurate or reliable.  You get what you pay for if you go that route.  My Mitutoyo borehole gauge is deadly accurate and easy to use.  I have no issue with Taiwan made stuff.  They don't kidnap Canadians like China did.    
I have several restored bikes along with a 2006 Goldwing with a sidecar. My wife has a 2019 Suzuki DR 650 for on and off road.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Injected, slayer61

• Page: