2005 Kz1000 police Jetting a straight pipe

More
02 Oct 2017 15:36 #772201 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic 2005 Kz1000 police Jetting a straight pipe
I'm sure there are folks who have installed pods and have tuned things well enough to be happy with them. However, I have never seen any dyno information that shows pods working as well across the power band as the stock air box; I have seen dyno information showing the opposite.

That doesn't mean folks aren't satisfied with pods, and some may not really care much about performance across the entire powerband - they may be more interested in peak power. Here's what a Mikuni engineer said about the air box vs. individual filters. I suspect he knew more about the subject than most of us. Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Oct 2017 13:02 #772265 by kevski
Replied by kevski on topic 2005 Kz1000 police Jetting a straight pipe

650ed wrote: I'm sure there are folks who have installed pods and have tuned things well enough to be happy with them. However, I have never seen any dyno information that shows pods working as well across the power band as the stock air box; I have seen dyno information showing the opposite.

That doesn't mean folks aren't satisfied with pods, and some may not really care much about performance across the entire powerband - they may be more interested in peak power. Here's what a Mikuni engineer said about the air box vs. individual filters. I suspect he knew more about the subject than most of us. Ed

You are more tactful than me Ed, this debate has gone on for years and all the evidence positively points in the direction that pods detract from performance where CV's are concerned, and yet the lemmings still follow their leader.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.