Possibly oil in fuel ?

• kzdcw
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • 77' KZ1000A
More
13 May 2016 18:22 - 13 May 2016 18:42 #726273 by kzdcw
Possibly oil in fuel ? was created by kzdcw
I just rebuilt my Starter/clutch assembly and replaced the cracked rotor off my 77' KZ1000A. Steve and a few other members gave me good advice in repairing the problem and I appreciated that !

I have the stock carbs. on my bike and were cleaned well and adjusted. Even though I'm running the K&N dual air filter pods on the bike and have jetted them pretty close, I'm noticing that from the fuel overflow tubes that the fuel appears to be a little oily ?

Bike was a basket case when I first purchased it, but have gone thru all the mechanicals and electrical and have pretty much sorted them out. The stock exhaust was gone, so running a Vance and Hines 4 into 1 and sounds real nice.

Bike starts up real nice with no signs of blue smoke at start-up, only a little oil residue in the fuel when I run my fingers under the overflow external nipples at the bottom of the float bowls.

Any ideas ???

Also, would backing out the fuel mixture screws at the carbs. make the bike a little easier to start ? I believe counterclockwise out makes it the fuel mixture richer?

77' KZ1000A
Last edit: 13 May 2016 18:42 by kzdcw.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
13 May 2016 18:42 #726284 by SWest

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.