No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationNo eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

EBay item listed as K&L, receiveded a Tour Max

• skooterbum4real
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
12 Oct 2015 08:55 #694265 by skooterbum4real
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationEBay item listed as K&L, receiveded a Tour Max was created by skooterbum4real
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationNo eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationI purchased this item on EBay.......

This is listed as a K&L petcock.

They sent me a part in a box with "Tour Max" printed on the box. Just like in this listing......

Does anyone know if this is a K&L part ?? Or is this just another case of the old bait and switch routine ?? Is the quality of this Tour Max part as good as the K&L part ??

1978 KZ650B 8,500 miles
1976 KZ750 Twin
SPECIAL CONSTRUCTION V-TWIN CHOP

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Oct 2015 10:28 #694280 by Nessism
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by Nessism on topic EBay item listed as K&L, receiveded a Tour Max
Looks like the same part. $30 shipped ain't bad (if it works).

What is the bolt spacing? This may work for other models too.

• skooterbum4real
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
12 Oct 2015 11:43 #694289 by skooterbum4real
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by skooterbum4real on topic EBay item listed as K&L, receiveded a Tour Max
The petcock that I removed from my 78 kz650 B2 has a bolt hole spacing of 43.80mm. This Tour Max, or possibly K&L petcock has a bolt hole spacing of 42mm. There's a little difference in the hole spacing, but I think with a little bit of finessing that the part would fit and seal to the tank just fine.

I just don't like the idea of EBay sellers advertising one product, and then ship another, that is of a lesser quality, and a cheaper priced part. This is happening more than it should. Although I still don't know if this part is actually a K&L part or not ??

1978 KZ650B 8,500 miles
1976 KZ750 Twin
SPECIAL CONSTRUCTION V-TWIN CHOP

More
12 Oct 2015 12:34 #694298 by martin_csr
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by martin_csr on topic EBay item listed as K&L, receiveded a Tour Max
The tike16 item description says "The picture in the listing may not be of the actual item".
Both parts are listed as K&L & show the same K&L part number and also the same Yamaha oem part number.
If the part you received says made in Japan, then that would be a good thing, but I would prefer to have the bolt hole spacing spot on, as the bolts need to be sealed against leaks.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
12 Oct 2015 13:32 #694303 by SWest
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by SWest on topic EBay item listed as K&L, receiveded a Tour Max
K&L was one of our distributors While I was in the "biz".
Steve