Idle problems after replacing pilot screw.

• NotLordCalvert
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
05 Oct 2015 13:48 #693485 by NotLordCalvert
Idle problems after replacing pilot screw. was created by NotLordCalvert
Hello everyone.

So I've been trying to fix up an '80 KZ440 LTD-A and I'm about to tear my hair out. While trying to adjust the pilot screws, I realized the left one didn't react at all until the screw was completely removed. I Took the carbs off and found the small o-ring for the pilot screw was missing. I ordered and threw in a rebuild kit for both carbs since I just want to get this thing running while there's still some decent weather.

Now when I try to start the bike, it will only start with full choke. Before the rebuild kits were put in, it started just fine with no choke at all. Once idling on full choke, the idle pulses up and down. When given any throttle it responds, but then dies when released and the RPMs come back down. I pulled the plugs and the right one seems fine, but the left one is carbon fouled. Adjusting the idle screw again doesn't seem to fix this issue. I'll try to take a video when I get home and post it, but I am baffled with this thing. Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
05 Oct 2015 13:58 #693487 by SWest

• NotLordCalvert
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
05 Oct 2015 16:52 #693514 by NotLordCalvert
Replied by NotLordCalvert on topic Idle problems after replacing pilot screw.
Oh sweet Judas Priest... This is embarrassing, but I'll pay my dues by responding and revealing my stupidity.

I just took the carbs back off and realize I reinstalled one of the floats upside down.

I am a dolt.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
05 Oct 2015 16:56 #693516 by SWest