1992 KZ1000P Fuel Tap (petcock) Woes...

More
16 Sep 2015 21:41 #690413 by jackleberry
Replied by jackleberry on topic 1992 KZ1000P Fuel Tap (petcock) Woes...
I see. The small disc you are referring to, AFAIK, is a check valve intended to prevent a backfire into the #2 carb from blowing out the diaphragm in the petcock. People don't usually take that vacuum fitting apart because there's really nothing to service there and by wearing the threads you might cause a small vacuum leak.

As to the vent notch. I don't believe it matters if it faces the front or the rear, but I believe it's designed to face to the rear (otherwise water/road debris might be forced into it while moving).

1997 KZ1000P (P16)
2001 KZ1000P (P20)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hardworkinpd
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
19 Sep 2015 21:12 #690935 by hardworkinpd
Replied by hardworkinpd on topic 1992 KZ1000P Fuel Tap (petcock) Woes...
Ok, got the fuel tap rebuild kit in, solved that problem. Also polished the fuel needle seat and checked the floats and fuel needle springs. And as I posted earlier I had earlier disassembled the carb completely cleanded it and put all new 0-rings. So now the fuel tap is not leaking and as far as I can tell the crank case is not loading up with gas.
Thanks for all you help Jack! But now I got other problems. I better start another thread about it so I don't go way off on this top.
Again Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.