Need help putting a carb slide back together...

More
23 Aug 2015 14:50 #686877 by Matt98
I rebuilt and re-jetted a set of Mikuni VM26 off of my 77 KZ1000. I did not pay close enough attention to the mechanism that raises and lowers the throttle slide. When putting themback together, I can not get the mechanism to sit down far enough into the slide to line up with the holes on the slide rod (see pictures).

I'm sure it is something simple but I have been messing with these things for an hour and cant figure it out. Anyone have a picture (I am having trouble finding any online) or advise on how to get these things back together? What am I missing here?

Thanks!

Matt
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Aug 2015 15:00 #686878 by AIHrefugee
Replied by AIHrefugee on topic Need help putting a carb slide back together...
Check and make sure the needles are going into the seats properly. look through venturi (throat). If they don't line up perfectly the needle will stop and rest of slide wont move any farther down.

More
23 Aug 2015 15:19 - 23 Aug 2015 15:22 #686881 by missionkz
Replied by missionkz on topic Need help putting a carb slide back together...
Pull them out with their "bellcrank arms" and insert the slide in first... with the little groove lined up with the pin in the bore and the needles dead center of the needle jet pressed into the bottom of the bore. Slide them all the way to the bottom stop.
Then rotate the arm back into the bushing pocket.
Then put a film of oil on the shaft, push it through all the bushings and slide arms.

Bruce
1977 KZ1000A1
2016 Triumph T120 Bonneville
Far North East Metro Denver Colorado
Last edit: 23 Aug 2015 15:22 by missionkz.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
23 Aug 2015 16:21 #686889 by SWest