OEM carburetor

More
23 Aug 2015 08:14 #686825 by JR
Replied by JR on topic OEM carburetor
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationOldie
If you are in Nth America check out JBM for the diaphragm. Not sure about the slide and needle though
jbmindustries.com/

I'm pretty sure the KZ 400 and 440 used Keihin CV32 carbs - probably a few othermodels also - so should have common parts

Try Z1Enterprises.com for the float needles
and ebay for a float for a KZ400 440 250

1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust
The following user(s) said Thank You: oldie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Aug 2015 13:34 #686847 by oldie
Replied by oldie on topic OEM carburetor
Hi swest I now have the carburetor, it appears to be a CV32, have numbers from the body of it and I think it can still be utilized, however its missing the needle valve, float and float bowl screws, and from pictures there seems to be some sort of bushing at the end of the throttle idle adjustment screw which acts like a shim. In any event I have the carburetor requiring parts.

More
23 Aug 2015 13:38 #686848 by oldie
Hi JR not sure if a carb kit is available for this carburetor, I have some numbers from the body of it which might make sense to someone, 1400 TH03. I am in North America, the northern part Ontario Canada. Lol
Also looking for the original air box element Partzilla shows it as obsolete.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
23 Aug 2015 13:41 #686850 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic OEM carburetor
You might try jetsRus on line for the parts you need. Try K&L for the filter.
Steve

More
23 Aug 2015 14:30 - 23 Aug 2015 14:33 #686870 by JR

oldie wrote: Hi JR not sure if a carb kit is available for this carburetor, I have some numbers from the body of it which might make sense to someone, 1400 TH03. I am in North America, the northern part Ontario Canada. Lol
Also looking for the original air box element Partzilla shows it as obsolete.

You can find parts diagrams at powersports warehouse www.powersportswarehouse.com/p/Kawasaki and if you can identify a part # then copy it onto their search box and select "where used" to see what other bikes used it. Might give you some options.

Cant say as I have seen a carb kit for the KZ250. You could check Sirius in Kitchener ON www.siriusconinc.com/

Individual jets and carb O rings can be had at Z1 Enterprises. Type "keihin"in their search box. Try jetsrus also as Steve suggested although I have never used them.

There are a few of us in southern ON and I've met a few kzriders in Sudbury some years back, Where are you ?

Last edit: 23 Aug 2015 14:33 by JR.

More
23 Aug 2015 14:43 #686874 by oldie
Hi Steve also by the looks of it might have to replace slider diaphragm, looks like those shown on JBM site about ethanol fuel damage. One thing at a time I guess obtaining the float bowk screws, float and needle valve.
B) B) B) B) B)

More
23 Aug 2015 14:50 #686876 by JR
If you have a Canadian Tire Store near you you should be able to get the bowl screws there. Look in the section where they have all the little drawers with different sizes

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
23 Aug 2015 16:14 #686887 by SWest

More
29 Aug 2015 17:53 #687706 by oldie
Hi Swest, I was able to get the original carb that came off the bike but some parts were missing, the float, needle valve, and the 4 screws that hold the float bowl on then I can maybe try and get it running with a new battery.
I'm just wondering how they determine he type of carb a cv, cvk, all these,prefixes on some don't seem to coincide with the appearance of mine or the features/attributes. Just so I can maybe ty and source the float and needle valve either from year and model of bike or the make and type of the carb and or the stamped number on the body.
Cheers
Ron

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
29 Aug 2015 18:00 #687711 by SWest

More
04 Nov 2015 16:08 #697267 by oldie
Hi was able to get apparently the OEM carb but missing oarts. Have all parts now, just to get it to have spark and fire. This model is a single and apparently came with one cv32 mm carb.

More
04 Nov 2015 16:13 - 04 Nov 2015 16:14 #697268 by oldie
Hi JR, actually I was able to source locally the needle valve (new), a used float bowl (mine had he overflow tube broken off) and a used float, and screws also a new float bowl gasket. Now to investigate starter solenoid problems, no spark and low compresion. Not many miles on and its been sitting for a while indoors.
Last edit: 04 Nov 2015 16:14 by oldie. Reason: typos