Kz750h ltd keihin carb float bowl

More
12 Jun 2015 07:28 #676282 by AndrewBat
Kz750h ltd keihin carb float bowl was created by AndrewBat
So i have explored every other option and determined that my float bowl needs to be replaced. I have replaced the needle, and made sure the floats dont fill up. I leveled all 4 floats and no other bowl leaks. The pin moves just as it should. I replaced the drain screw. Still leaky.

I noticed a tiny hairline crack in the brass straw attached to the bottom of the float bowl and i suspect fuel is leaking out when the fuel level is set correctly due to this crack.

2 questions:
Does anybody have a left side float bowl that will fit a keihin carb for a 1980 kz750h, or know where i can get one? Ebay doesnt have any up.
Also will a right side bowl fit the left side? I dont care if the drain screw is on the wrong side as long as it doesnt leak.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
12 Jun 2015 07:38 #676285 by SWest

More
12 Jun 2015 07:47 #676288 by JR
Replied by JR on topic Kz750h ltd keihin carb float bowl
The crack can be repaired. I had the same problem. I brought the bowl to a hobby shop and found brass tubing which would just fit over the existing overflow tube. Cut it to length and carefully soldered the bottom. That was 10 years ago. JB Weld will also work if you leave it 24 hours to properly cure.

don't know where you would find a bowl. Left side will fit right side and vice versa. I have mixed them up in the past and as you say the drain screw ends up on the wrong side

1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust

More
12 Jun 2015 08:22 #676301 by AndrewBat
Replied by AndrewBat on topic Kz750h ltd keihin carb float bowl
Awesome. I think ill just use the right bowl i see on ebay. I tried to solder it today and it didnt come out very well. I sanded, used flux and heated carefully but most of the crack wouldnt take solder. Hard to clean the inside of the crack. And im not bad at soldering either.

Jb weld sounds sketchy. I have my doubts about jb weld in the fuel system. Im sure it would work ok but I prefer not to "fudge" any fixes.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
12 Jun 2015 08:27 #676302 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Kz750h ltd keihin carb float bowl
A layer of solder should do it but if you can buy one, that's best. I'll bet he wants your first born for it. :lol:
Steve

More
12 Jun 2015 08:43 #676304 by undiablo
Replied by undiablo on topic Kz750h ltd keihin carb float bowl
Later Keihin CV34 bowls did not have the brass over flow tube. You can cut it off and block it with some JB weld.
Do not get worry about fuel coming into the cylinder....it will find its way to the airbox. It happened to me a pair of weeks ago.

Kawasaki KZ 750/4 LTD 1981
Kawasaki KLR 650 2011
Argentina - Buenos Aires