Bench Sync CV 32's

More
09 Feb 2015 19:41 #661111 by Zephyrrider
Replied by Zephyrrider on topic Bench Sync CV 32's
Steve will try the bench sync carbs next -
Problem with weeping set is there is no way i can see where it is coming out, Changed the main fuel line between 2 and 3 on weeping set - no difference.
Changed bowls and gaskets on 2 - worse - pouring out at front,
Gonna change around floats and needles with bowls that seal perfectly but nothing coming out of overflows at all. Every time i fill the bowls when i put them back on with prime for 10 seconds or so till it stops now fuel seems to be pouring out from bowl/gasket as if float needles are not sealing - all cleaned and needles are new,
Cleaned again and all entries blown through with compressor.
Really should give it a brake and lay down - very tired,
Seems to start this crap just before i want to go somewhere like clockwork - i think my bike hates me :laugh:
Thanks mate, Mick.

Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
09 Feb 2015 19:54 #661117 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Bench Sync CV 32's
In my career and with other things, I'll just sleep on it and it comes to me. You said the needles are new, what about the seats? Sometimes a Q tip dipped in polishing compound or fine abrasive will clean and smooth out the seats and collars. You do want to do the clear tube test. Only way to tell if the fuel level is right. Get some rest.
Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zephyrrider

More
10 Feb 2015 00:01 - 10 Feb 2015 03:32 #661132 by Zephyrrider
Should have moved my ass and done this a while ago - just hadnt looked into them in enough detail before.
Am extremely persistent - you would not believe how many hours i have played with the carbs and i really have no idea but far too many
Needles new - seats non removable.Will give all seats a clean anyway - thanks for tip :)
Always do the clear tube test and multiple times to make absolutely sure.
Had some progress today - only taken about 12 hours this time.
Weeping carbs are now leaking carbs - gotta fix em cause the bike runs beautiful with them.
I am fairly damn sure main fuel line between #1 and #2 needs new orings - weepers have metal fuel lines - but they are 9 mm same as plastic ones - put plastic one in with decent orings so will give it a go in morning.
.When they were put on and primed fuel immediately ran down from the front of #2 and as they are at a slight angle fuel ran towards front - pulled them off quickly and i could see fuel sitting all around fuel line - that makes sense.
Will order some new orings tomorrow anuway - good to have.
Got bike running with bench sync carbs - bit rough- gotta check all over and go again tomorrow and fine tune them. Thanks mate :) , Mick.

Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.
Last edit: 10 Feb 2015 03:32 by Zephyrrider.

More
11 Feb 2015 19:08 - 12 Feb 2015 00:47 #661349 by Zephyrrider
Well it appears to be fixed - the orings on fuel line between #1 and #2 - either oring or both was the problem alright
Separated 1 and 2 , had a look put them back together and fuel poured out from that exact spot.
Put a good plastic line in from other carbs with a lot better orings - fixed - still got 4 new ones and will put them in when it cools down - bloody summer.
Intermittent faults - what a nightmare. Stress levels falling - a few beers later will knock them down a bit more
Ride to the race track on weekend will see for once and all ,Thanks everyone :laugh:

Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.
Last edit: 12 Feb 2015 00:47 by Zephyrrider. Reason: cant spell sometimes

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
11 Feb 2015 19:23 #661353 by SWest

More
12 Feb 2015 00:49 #661372 by Zephyrrider
Cheers mate - beers going down real nice
Mick

Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.

More
12 Feb 2015 21:22 #661451 by Zephyrrider
Bench synced spare carbs and worked well but i have a tiny vacumn leak
on the CV 32's the choke bracket (which i dont have on) goes on the top of #3 on small bolt at front right side (4 bolts)
and with the extra pressure with the bracket on there it was done up too tight and pretty well stripped the thread by PO - there is a little there but not enough.
Any suggestions on something to build up the 4 mm tread to give it a little bite - very little pressure on bolt when done up.I have a Loctite 660 Retaining compound which builds up metal stuff pretty well as long as you get the bolt in and out fairly quickly after a thread has been made, Thanks, Mick.

Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.