Threads Weeping - tiny amount

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
27 Oct 2014 06:43 #651864 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Threads Weeping - tiny amount
Patton may have hit it right. On some carbs there is a raised locator ring around the screws. If not seated right it might devolpe a leak into the thread cavity. The gasket could be too thick or expanded causing this. Try the grease trick on the gasket and hole. Thick grease males a good sealent for gas in tight tolerances. Use a Q tip and see what happens. Good for O rings too.
Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zephyrrider

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Oct 2014 15:15 - 27 Oct 2014 15:18 #651903 by Zephyrrider
Replied by Zephyrrider on topic Threads Weeping - tiny amount
Patton i have suspected the fuel line orings for a while now but it is fine 95 % of the time.They will be separated soon and all orings replaced and a damn good inspection in there.Problem is it will run great for a good while and every now and then piss me off by doing this , usually when i have all the bike gear on and going for a decent ride.
Should be doing it all the time if there was a cracked oring etc - wouldnt you reckon ?
Swest it would be an awful bloody mess if i hadnt got those locators in correctly - would be just pouring out mate .
Not sure about what you mean using a Q tip. It seems to be fine now but a ride tomorrow (if its not too hot) will see. Will let you know how it goes. Still think it has something to do with extremely hot weather (seems to weep then) - been wrong before though,
Thanks fellas.

Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.
Last edit: 27 Oct 2014 15:18 by Zephyrrider.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
27 Oct 2014 15:50 #651905 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Threads Weeping - tiny amount
Useing the Q tip as a brush, you paint on some grease to the mateing surfaces and the screw holes. I use axle grease. It works like sealent but won't stick when you take it apart. I've been re useing my carb gaskets for years this way. Gas like water finds it's way where it doesn't belong and that PISSES ME OFF.Try it.
Steve

More
28 Oct 2014 02:32 #651964 by Zephyrrider
Replied by Zephyrrider on topic Threads Weeping - tiny amount
A lot of things piss me off, Thanks mate !

Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.