Rebuild kit for KZ650 B- How to take apart?

More
19 Nov 2013 07:22 #613455 by pnedac
Replied by pnedac on topic Rebuild kit for KZ650 B- How to take apart?
So I decided to go vacuum-less and I just ordered a new petcock and I will plug the vacuum on the carbs themselves. I emailed the guy I ordered the kit from and he said the same about folding the diaphragm and pulling the nylon piece through, which is simply not possible. I suspect that perhaps I am working with an non stock petcock and I just didn't know it. I got this bike as a basketcase and it is enetirely possible that this is not stock. I broke the old piece to remove the nylon spacer and I had my wife look at it and a friend come over and we all came to the conclusion that it is physically impossible to get this spacer onto the new piece unless I pull it apart or drill out the center of the spacer which is also not a good idea. I am admittedly a cheapskate and just didn't want to buy a new one, but I have buckled like a belt now. I do appreciate the help. I guess you can't win em all. I actually happened to have a second Kawi tank with a petcock on it and I took it off and they do look largely the same, though I do not know what year or model the other tank is from so it is anyone's guess. At any rate thank you and I have already ordered the new petcock so onward we shall march!

Thanks!

78 KZ650 B

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Nov 2013 09:02 #613464 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic Rebuild kit for KZ650 B- How to take apart?
Did you check out the KZ650.Info topic? It has some good photos. I didn't read much from the topic, but I don't think there's a fix for that particular petcock.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.