Carb holder screws

More
31 Aug 2013 23:46 #604223 by KZB2 650
Replied by KZB2 650 on topic Carb holder screws

74ullc wrote: It's just a misunderstanding between you two guys. Since I have just had a few beers in rapid succession I will now be able to explain exactly what happened. :lol:

You wrote...

"They recommend using blue lock tight on these in the manual. Plugs, valve cover bolts, side cover allens etc love anti sieze but not on these."

Ed read....

In the manual they recommend using blue lock tight on plugs, valve cover bolts, side cover allens, etc.

You meant....

They recommend using blue lock tight on carb holder screws in the manual. Plugs, valve cover bolts, side cover allens, ect love anti seize but not on carb holder bolts.

It was a little confusing the way it was written originally. The word "these" was referring to carb holder screws but it was vague.....or something like that. My High School English teacher could probably explain it better.

Speaking of High School English.....I had this teacher, I think junior year....some days she would wear a very short blue jean skirt. On those days and ONLY those days she would sit on her desk facing the class. What a wonderful woman! We must have been 15-16 yrs old....all us guys going nuts on those days! Looking back on it she knew EXACTLY what she was doing! Just like the car washing gal in "Cool Hand Luke". Time for another beer.....maybe I'll throw old Cool Hand in the Blu Ray...been too long.

LOL 74ullc good explanation and maybe I should have a couple beers and calm down. Hardly want to start a fight been helped for years on here but this really has had me upset for 3 months and 2 weeks now.

1978 KZ650 b-2
700cc Wiseco kit 10 to 1.
1980 KZ750 cam, ape springs, stock clutch/ Barnett springs.
Vance and Hines Header w/ comp baffle and Ape pods, Dyna S and green coils, copper wires.
29MM smooth bores W/ 17.5 pilots, 0-6s and 117.5 main
16/42 gearing X ring chain and alum rear JT sprocket.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Sep 2013 09:49 - 01 Sep 2013 09:50 #604281 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic Carb holder screws

74ullc wrote: It's just a misunderstanding between you two guys. Since I have just had a few beers in rapid succession I will now be able to explain exactly what happened. :lol:

You wrote...

"They recommend using blue lock tight on these in the manual. Plugs, valve cover bolts, side cover allens etc love anti sieze but not on these."

Ed read....

In the manual they recommend using blue lock tight on plugs, valve cover bolts, side cover allens, etc.

You meant....

They recommend using blue lock tight on carb holder screws in the manual. Plugs, valve cover bolts, side cover allens, ect love anti seize but not on carb holder bolts.

It was a little confusing the way it was written originally. The word "these" was referring to carb holder screws but it was vague.....or something like that. My High School English teacher could probably explain it better.

Speaking of High School English.....I had this teacher, I think junior year....some days she would wear a very short blue jean skirt. On those days and ONLY those days she would sit on her desk facing the class. What a wonderful woman! We must have been 15-16 yrs old....all us guys going nuts on those days! Looking back on it she knew EXACTLY what she was doing! Just like the car washing gal in "Cool Hand Luke". Time for another beer.....maybe I'll throw old Cool Hand in the Blu Ray...been too long.

I believe you are correct. I think we were both misunderstanding what we were reading. I apologize KZB2 650. Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)
Last edit: 01 Sep 2013 09:50 by 650ed.

More
01 Sep 2013 10:56 #604291 by KZB2 650
Replied by KZB2 650 on topic Carb holder screws

650ed wrote:

You wrote...

Ed read....

You meant....

I believe you are correct. I think we were both misunderstanding what we were reading. I apologize KZB2 650. Ed

Thank you Ed and I'm sorry for getting so upset over this. You have been a huge help to me over the years and have helped countless other folks on here too.

I think what go me upset the most is that I have been always asking and asking questions and when finally I had something to contribute back to the forum I was told how wrong I was. Thanks again bud glad this worked out and thanks again to you 74ullc too.

1978 KZ650 b-2
700cc Wiseco kit 10 to 1.
1980 KZ750 cam, ape springs, stock clutch/ Barnett springs.
Vance and Hines Header w/ comp baffle and Ape pods, Dyna S and green coils, copper wires.
29MM smooth bores W/ 17.5 pilots, 0-6s and 117.5 main
16/42 gearing X ring chain and alum rear JT sprocket.