Help me w/ my KZ305

• Berko2787
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • 1982 KZ 305 (Belt)
More
01 Aug 2013 13:45 #599417 by Berko2787
Help me w/ my KZ305 was created by Berko2787
I just bough a 82' Kawasaki KZ305 CSR (Belt) that has been sitting for 7yrs. I originally put in a new battery and sprayed some starter fluid in the air box and was able to start the bike right up then turned it off instantly cuz not sure about how gunked up the gas tank and carburetor is. Please advise about what I should check or do before running it other than change oil and filter.
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Aug 2013 18:50 #599462 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic Help me w/ my KZ305
I would start by dumping the old gas and checking the inside of the tank for rust / crud. Assuming the tank is clean, or after you clean it, I would install an inline filter and check to see if the carbs need cleaning. You can do this by dropping the carb bowls while the carbs are still on the bike. If the bowls and/or the carb internals you can see with the bowls off look funky, clean the carbs very well. You may also wish to install fresh spark plugs; be careful not to strip the threads in the head - use a torque wrench set at the appropriate torque setting. As you already said, change the oil & filter before running the engine. Here's some general info that should be helpful (see link). Ed

kzrider.com/forum/10-new-members/589649-...r-savannah-ga#594587

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.