Kz750 twin carb / throttle problems

More
27 Jul 2013 19:17 #598612 by Schmeck
Replied by Schmeck on topic Kz750 twin carb / throttle problems
I own a double ratchet kobalt screw driver with interchangable bits . I have All sorts of bits. The blunted tip bits work better. I wont use a bit unless it fits exactly to the screw. Lucky for me I have Bits that fit flush to the screws :)

1979 kz750 twin -Soon to be roadworthy
1988 El250 engine in custom hard tail frame - collecting dust

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jul 2013 19:27 #598615 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic Kz750 twin carb / throttle problems

Schmeck wrote: I own a double ratchet kobalt screw driver with interchangable bits . I have All sorts of bits. The blunted tip bits work better. I wont use a bit unless it fits exactly to the screw. Lucky for me I have Bits that fit flush to the screws :)

That's great! So many folks attack the screws with the wrong (pointy or too small) bits and round out the screw head. Then they reach for the drill :sick: I have my little stash of special bits that I use only on my bike (so I don't lose them :laugh: ) Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

More
27 Jul 2013 19:39 #598617 by Schmeck
Replied by Schmeck on topic Kz750 twin carb / throttle problems
The Kobalt screw driver I have has a cap on the end that can store alot of bits . That way I dont have to look for both, Just the screw driver:) Plus, even if I rounded it by accident, I have a screw grabber to back it out :) If your gonna do a job, do it right B) Btw Ed , I do not quit understand the pilot jet . What happens if I turn it in or out?

1979 kz750 twin -Soon to be roadworthy
1988 El250 engine in custom hard tail frame - collecting dust