Air box tops

More
29 Jul 2013 15:42 #598926 by Del_Herring
Replied by Del_Herring on topic Air box tops
I've been to some of them before, and they never had it. It's probably been out of production for years. I suspect most of those sites just let you put in whatever part number you want, and then find out later if they can actually get it. Motorcycle parts sites are typically pretty shoddy like that.

I have a seperate thread in the engine section about my misfiring cylinder. On the whole, everything's a bit lean. I figure the open intake is part of that problem. But I'll be going through the carbs again once I get a chance. My valves looked pretty good. Had one intake just a little out of spec, but not even enough to throw the compression number off when I tested. The exhaust studs are toast, and most of the holes they go in are stripped, and one's cracked. Once I make sure the bike can be made to run half-decent, I'll be pulling the heads and sending them to a machine shop for some work, and redoing the valves. But I don't want to drop all the money on that until I'm sure there's nothing else majorly wrong with the thing.

1983 KZ750-N2 Spectre

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jul 2013 15:44 #598928 by uncle nick
Replied by uncle nick on topic Air box tops
Ok, over here they can't take the money unless they've got it in stock or you have been told it needs to be ordered.

Call them and ask?

1981 KZ650 CSR

More
29 Jul 2013 15:54 #598933 by KZJOE900
Replied by KZJOE900 on topic Air box tops
How about trying some Permatex Permapoxy plastic weld. May be better suited for the job. Advanced auto carries it.

Current project 76 KZ900 (This was a Vetter model)
76 KZ900
81 XJ550H SECA (Current Project)
82 XJ550R SECA
Past:
86 FJ1200
74 Z1900
72 CB450