Carb Issues

More
10 May 2013 13:23 #586737 by Brian.Wolf
Replied by Brian.Wolf on topic Carb Issues
Any idea on what size jets i should use. Remember i have a kz750 and the carbs are off a kz1000. Any idea on how much a jet could would be. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2013 15:34 #586760 by Del_Herring
Replied by Del_Herring on topic Carb Issues
Not really. I don't know much about KZ1000 carbs, so I'm not even sure what they start at. You may be able to find it printed on them if you take the carbs apart, then you'd at least have an idea of what direction to go. Also, I don't know whether or not all the KZ1000's used the same carbs, so if you post the exact year and sub-model (LTD,Spectre, etc.) it would give a better idea of what carbs you're using. I'll probably not be much help either way, but some of the more knowledgeable guys on here might be able to chime in and be helpful with that information.

If you don't know the exact model of the bike, you can try to find the model of the carbs, that'll be just as useful. I know Z1 had some carb info on their page, as does the wiredgeorge page. Could at least help you get an idea of what you have now. So you know where to start. In and of itself, changing jets is plenty easy, you'd have pulled them all when cleaning anyways. It's just a trial and error process, so it takes some time and testing.

1983 KZ750-N2 Spectre

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.