Carbuetor question

More
12 Nov 2012 01:01 #557996 by 81KZ750E
Replied by 81KZ750E on topic Carbuetor question
ok so i can drive it in prime all day long if i want to but just have to remember to turn it to on when it's parked. and i thought the engine sucks the fuel out of the tank to but ya it's been sitting for a while to because i bought it in june and it definetly sat for a good year before that atleast because when i took the brake cover off the front brake handle to fill it up it was just filled with brown gunk so i just kept filling it and working it till it bled through then bled it a hundred times so ya i will check the boots going to the engine make sure there tight and put that stuff on so u put the stuff on the boots them selves or in between where you screw them onto the engine it self.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Nov 2012 19:48 #558105 by JR
Replied by JR on topic Carbuetor question
If you find you need to seal the boots to the engine then I think the procedure is to put a thin coat on both mating surfaces ( the boot and the engine), allow a minute or two to get tacky and then put them in place. It would be best to check the instructions on the tube first. My memory is not what it used to be :)

1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust

More
12 Nov 2012 22:00 #558133 by mtbspeedfreak
Replied by mtbspeedfreak on topic Carbuetor question

81KZ750E wrote: ok so i can drive it in prime all day long if i want to but just have to remember to turn it to on when it's parked.

You should clean your fuel tap so you can drive around with the tap set to ON so you'll have a reserve if you need it (and don't run out of gas).

2000 ZRX 1100
1976 KZ 900- Daily Driver
1980 LTD 550- Dalton Highway survivor!

If it has tits or tires, it'll give you problems!