Stock J carbs on an 1135 will not idle

More
27 Jul 2012 07:11 #538945 by kz1100warrior
Replied by kz1100warrior on topic Stock J carbs on an 1135 will not idle
I would recheck your cam timing, your cam chain might be stretched even though you are dead on....on your cam shaft, on the right side there should be a gap in the cam shaft, these should align evenly with the head.i have just done the exact same thing....i am riding with 1100 main etc on a J engine..4/1 exhaust with pods, and even i had the correct teeth 44, i am now on 43..goes a lot better...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jul 2012 13:11 #539000 by baldy110
Replied by baldy110 on topic Stock J carbs on an 1135 will not idle
Current carbs are Wired George "VM30", which are bored out VM26's. Mains are 130, current pilot jet is #40, needles set on the 4th from top. Bike runs really well, pulls strong and hard, idles really well and starts easily. I started out with #20 pilot jets and worked my way up to #40, I am still playing with the jetting. At least with these carbs I see improvement with every change I make, not like the BS34's which would just move the problem around in the RPM range. I have used VM29 smoothbores in the past and these VM30 perform just as well, at least that is how they feel. I don't know how they would stand up on a dyno but my seat of the pants dyno says they are about the same.
I chose these for price, I paid less than $450.00 for the carbs and so far am very happy with them. I have played with VM33 smoothbores in the past but those were a pain to dial in. The current carbs from Mikuni and Keihn are way to pricey for me.

More
27 Jul 2012 14:09 #539016 by daskraut
Replied by daskraut on topic Stock J carbs on an 1135 will not idle
I am about to pull the trigger on a set of Keihin CR33s from sudco, I know I can't go wrong there. I sold some other toys for the cash JUST for this bike.

When in doubt, GAS IT!!

More
04 Aug 2012 22:10 #540765 by daskraut
Replied by daskraut on topic Stock J carbs on an 1135 will not idle
Bought CR33s, installed, bike runs great and idles. CV carbs are THE DEVIL!!!!!

When in doubt, GAS IT!!