High Revving GPz750?

More
12 Sep 2010 08:03 #397988 by kzr750r1
Replied by kzr750r1 on topic High Revving GPz750?
Just try not to do it. I've had to learned the hard way and still make mistakes.

One thing I didn't consider was your local licensing requirements as it relates to emissions standards.

If you have all the emissions stuff working and need it to pass it would be good to maintain it. You may get the smart guy that knows you have removed the airbox and disabled the head vents. But if you can get away with a tune with pods that can pass (barring visual of course) you should be in the clear.

OMR and a few others have yearly emissions checks. I don't have to do that in Cali with this bike. Probably have to be inspected if it changed hands though, not 100% on that.

I had issue with running without a permit or license a couple of years ago. The CHP didn't have issue with the bike setup. Was expecting a tong lashing about emissions and all that. They didn't go there, lucky me. don't know if he noticed all the bits or not. Bike was clean as it could be just finished a mini tune up.

Carbs RS34 and Pipe Kerker K are not stock by any means, especially since it's not even the stock motor (different VIN on reg.)
But the tow truck driver noticed every bit. He commented he noticed the carbs and quickly took it away before other CHP started poking around my bike.

Just be aware in a nutshell. There can be more that you realize at stake keeping these on the road in your State.

KZ750R1 + 1991 ZR750 = KZR750R1
Better to be shot out of a cannon then squeezed through a tube. - HST

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Oct 2010 19:22 #407315 by nicksorg
Replied by nicksorg on topic High Revving GPz750?
Update = After doing the starter clutch, I cleaned the carbs one more time and put her back together today. I bench synced the carbs and installed them with new airbox ducts and a fresh air filter. The high idle is gone! She starts on the choke and idles afterwards. I went for a nice ride and ripped through all the gears. It was a nice day here in New England, which made it even better. Next step is to sync the carbs on the bike once I get a tool. Thanks to everyone for all of the help and support.
Nick

1982 Kawasaki KZ1000-K2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.