ultrasonic carb cleaner

More
18 Jun 2010 22:23 #376719 by WICKEDKZ
Replied by WICKEDKZ on topic ultrasonic carb cleaner
ONE OF THE BIG SECRETS IS TO USE THE CLEANERS MADE FOR THE ULTRASONIC CLEANERS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• testarossa
  • User
  • Attack life, it's only trying to kill you.
More
18 Jun 2010 23:30 #376725 by testarossa
Replied by testarossa on topic ultrasonic carb cleaner
wannaby wrote:

I put hot water in it but didnt take the temp....so how much does your surface water ripple very tiny or big ripples and do you see bubbles forming...I aint giving up on this thing that easy.....i am stubborn...can it worked with the tinfoil test the other test is take a small piece of glass and mark it with a pecil and dip it lead should dissapear in about 10 seconds.....

I'm not sure that you understand my question. In my machine, I start with COLD tap water, and after one hour in my cleaner, it gets hot 110*F just from the vibrations. My unit is a little Branson cleaner with no heater, no frequency control, no amplitude control, and no timer.

Yes I get ripples, and it depends on what is in the tank. Sometimes I get quite large ripples when nothing is in there, and sometimes the ripples are almost non-exhistant. I think that it depends on the total mass in the cleaner. More mass = less ripples. Yes I get bubbles, but they are tiny, and the do not surface. If you watch the two videos that I posted the bubbles are there in both videos. On the first video, you can see what appears to be a cloud forming around the area where the main jet screws in. In the second video, the carb is literally, totally surrounded by the bubbles. Every square inch of water is full of bubbles. I'm sure that if I had one of those large units with all the bells and whistles, then I could crank up the amplitude and frequency, and get the rolling boil effect that you see in the youtube videos.

In my experience with my litte ultrasonic, you don't even need any cleaner. Pure water will remove a lot of what is on your parts. The laundry soap that I use acts as a surfactant to break up the oil slick that would form when the varnish is broken up and floats to the surface.

1978 KZ1000 A2 Click--->Build Thread
2004 ZX-10R
2007 Harley Sportster 1200
2020 Harley Street Glide Special
Angola, IN

More
19 Jun 2010 20:51 #376919 by wannaby
Replied by wannaby on topic ultrasonic carb cleaner
tryed it again today ran it for about 3 hrs had tiney ripples and never got hot at all.had a carb gown in there with a bit of varnish on it and a couple of greasy nuts and after 3 hrs ....same as when I put them in not working ....goes I will toss it...cleaned the carbs by hand and got them back on the bike...almost ready for the test run....

• testarossa
  • User
  • Attack life, it's only trying to kill you.
More
20 Jun 2010 06:45 #376978 by testarossa
Replied by testarossa on topic ultrasonic carb cleaner
Sounds like your ultrasonic is terminal. If the water didn't get hot, and you had no cleaning action after 3 hours, then it's not working right.

1978 KZ1000 A2 Click--->Build Thread
2004 ZX-10R
2007 Harley Sportster 1200
2020 Harley Street Glide Special
Angola, IN

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
More
20 Jun 2010 07:16 #376984 by Motor Head
Replied by Motor Head on topic ultrasonic carb cleaner
Ever tried putting in a pot on the stove with some dishwasher detergent? This seams to be pretty good at cleaning, but sorry not ultrasonic. Slow boil for a couple of hours removes all off that old varnish for me.

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

More
21 Jun 2010 09:36 #377273 by wannaby
Replied by wannaby on topic ultrasonic carb cleaner
Motor Head wrote:

Ever tried putting in a pot on the stove with some dishwasher detergent? This seams to be pretty good at cleaning, but sorry not ultrasonic. Slow boil for a couple of hours removes all off that old varnish for me.

Yep that was the next plan but not in the house use the campstove outside and boil with lemon water supposed to work real good...Get a big pot from the second hand store..