SOLVED! 650 w/750 juggs. Runs on choke only.

• FloridaSteve
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
16 Oct 2009 22:04 #327977 by FloridaSteve
Replied by FloridaSteve on topic 650 w/750 juggs and 900 carbs Runs on choke only.
12:45 at night on Friday err Saturday the 17th and SHE RUNS!!! I was considering turning in my manly mechanic card but then I decided put the kid to bed and gEt to work. Lo and behold there it was. I did in fact screw up the cam chain count by a link. Reset it all. Reassembled. And she fired right up! A little bit of sputter but I havEn't had a timing light on hEr yet so no biggie. Bu MAN does she sound strong on that Kerker pipe! ;D ;D ;D

Time for a drink and off to bed. Get her tuned tomorrow and see if she runs as strong as she sounds! I'm so stoked!!

Thanks to everyone for the help and advice! Much appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Oct 2009 05:45 #327999 by Bluemeanie
Replied by Bluemeanie on topic 650 w/750 juggs and 900 carbs Runs on choke only.
Excellent! We really like it when members post a solution to their problem. This is NOT a ding on members but so many times we help someone with a problem but never end up hearing about what fixed it (If it ever was). That's how all of us learn! Reading these posts I kept leaning towards carb problem but lo and behold it was cam timing! See? we just learned something! Thanks for the solution... ;)

1980 KZ650F1, Bought new out the door for $2,162.98!

• FloridaSteve
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
17 Oct 2009 08:18 #328015 by FloridaSteve
Replied by FloridaSteve on topic 650 w/750 juggs and 900 carbs Runs on choke only.
I hear ya blue. It's the same way on a lot of boards. Heck this is a great place. I'm going to stick around a while n see what else I can learn. I'm not done with this bike by a loooong shot. Ive still got some big fat carbs to dial in and some tweaking to do anyway.

As a side not I think it really speaks to the engineering of these bikes that even that far out of tune it still almost ran. Really remarkable.

More
17 Oct 2009 14:16 #328049 by MadMac74
So how do you like it?? Did ya get it tuned up ? Aren't Kerker's great!!!:laugh:

MAC B)

'78 KZ650 C2,810 conversion,stock kz 750 cams,with a Blueprinted Head both from a '81 KZ 750. BS 34 Mikunis, Mac /Kerker 4 into 1 with custom 2" comp baffle. 3 rd owner
'02 ZRX1200R, 3rd owner
'83 XR200R, 3 rd owner
'84 V65 Sabre 3 rd owner