AnyOne have easy float level Check?

More
11 Aug 2009 16:45 #313208 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic AnyOne have easy float level Check?
May minimize or eliminate fule leakage during clear tube testing.

After turning petcock to no-flow position, the initial bowl drain should entail the only likely fuel leakage. With catch rags under the carbs, I first drain all the bowls, which gets any escaping fuel issue over and done with.

Where the bowls have already been run dry before parking the bike (my usual practice with manual petcocks), there's no fuel to escape from an open drain screw. A good practice imo because helps avoid risk of fuel contamination inside the bowls.

Thereafter, with the hose fitted (regardless of technique), the bowl may be drained after the level reading by simply draining through the hose into a container. Replace drain screw and done.

Good Luck! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Aug 2009 16:56 #313213 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic AnyOne have easy float level Check?
For the record, bench sync is equalizing heights of throttle slides in closed position.

The idle thumb screw should be at mid position during the bench sync, as this will allow later reducing the idle apeed when necessary incident to the "real" sync on running engine (using manometer or gauges).

Good Luck! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

More
11 Aug 2009 17:58 #313226 by mzandmz
Replied by mzandmz on topic AnyOne have easy float level Check?
I am the one who Originaly asked this question. Thank to all your answers. I used the hose trick. I was into R/C cars,trucks,airplanes. And used a chunk of silicon fuel tubing IT WORKED BEAUTIFULLY. Not only did I find out Number three Carb was Dry, I took out the carbs and checked out the work of someone else. Didn't clean them good. So I DID. I Didn't know these Bikes had so much Power. While I was in there(carbs) That chunk of tubing was used to blow out all the little holes. Fit perfectly in the drain hole on the bowl and could see the gas level good. Thanks for all your help.

New to Family, 1979 KZ440 LTD