Fuel Air Mixture

More
23 Apr 2009 20:24 #284630 by zimmey356
Replied by zimmey356 on topic Fuel Air Mixture
The gas cap is not the issue because it isn't such a great seal as is, and will def need to be replaced one day. Gas is coming out of the line the only thing is i am giong to check to see that gas is getting to the carbs....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Apr 2009 04:48 #284691 by buckinrut25
Replied by buckinrut25 on topic Fuel Air Mixture
the next step would be to loosen the drain screw on the carb bowls one at a time with the petcock in the pri position and make sure carb bowls are filling up if your getting gas to all 4 then check timing and spark quality you may be getting spark but just not enough if all that checks out i would pull bowls off carbs and look for clogged pilot jets to answer you original question there is no adjustment for fuel air on those carbs and the other guy is correct it will not change by its self need to know if you changed anything like exhust or maybe added pods both will affect mixture and rquire some changes to your carb

More
24 Apr 2009 05:55 - 24 Apr 2009 05:58 #284702 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic Fuel Air Mixture
zimmey356 wrote:

...fuel geting to all carbs....

zimmey356 wrote:

...am going to check to see that gas is getting to the carbs....

Imo, whether or not the floatbowls are readily filling with gas to the proper level is important to the diagnosis.

Good Luck! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Last edit: 24 Apr 2009 05:58 by Patton.

More
24 Apr 2009 09:08 #284769 by zimmey356
Replied by zimmey356 on topic Fuel Air Mixture
After putting my hand on the air hoses, and fuel lines and checking the spark plugs...it started good sounded smooth and then after about 5 mins of this smooth running it just died and struggled to start again.