best place to get carbs rebuilt

More
18 Mar 2009 10:54 #273096 by KZ700A1
Replied by KZ700A1 on topic best place to get carbs rebuilt
Thanks for the great advice everyone, I appreciate it.

1984 KZ700A1
1982 GS550L (the L is for lady!)

Life's a garden.....dig it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Mar 2009 23:45 #273308 by Tony
Replied by Tony on topic best place to get carbs rebuilt
loudhvx wrote:

kano wrote:

due to the rules of my favorite forum we are not allowed to recommend services or vendors sorry dude.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISING IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN
KZrider.com is not a place for you to solicit sales of any kind. No member is allowed to refer to their own business, or any business to which he/she is associated, through the discussion forum or personal messaging system (U2U). There are two exceptions: 1. Each member is allowed a simple link (somesite.com) in their signature. The link shall include no description of any kind. 2. Paying advertisers are allowed to post in the vendor forum.

You are allowed to point to services you can recommend. It's just that "No member is allowed to refer to their own business". I recommend Z1enterprises all the time.

These policies are in place in order to protect paying advertisers from competition from non-paying advertisers (why would someone pay if they can do the same for free just by posting). The policies also prevent the forum from being one big advertisement. Before this policy, this site was funded privately and it's not a cheap site to run. KZR tried to run on donations alone, but it just wasn't enough. It's not a political issue, it's just a matter of funding, otherwise this site, and all of it's priceless info, disappears into the ether.

Well said. :)

More
19 Mar 2009 03:34 - 19 Mar 2009 03:36 #273316 by otakar
Replied by otakar on topic best place to get carbs rebuilt
KZ700A1 wrote:

From what the manual said they are Mikuni 34's. I have a bid in on ebay for a set of mikuni's off of an 85 suzuki GS700 that I think are pretty close to mine.

The problem you will have with the GS carbs, is that they are a different spread. Unfortunately you can't believe everything you read. When you buy a set of smooth boars, they are spaced half way between the Suzuki and the Kawi. This is where the "sameness" mith came from. The difference is great enough where you will tear your boots with heat and vibration, even though you might be able to force them on. The outside two carbs are too far apart, and the two inside ons are too close together. I am doing the same thing with a set of GS1150 36mm SBs for my GPz1150. I am doing quite a bit of machiening and welding to get them to fit. My adviseis, don't bid too high, you will be dissapointed.
I will also be posting a chart which shows the cross sectional "sweep area" in square mm of the different carbs most of us use, for comparrison. This will show you why the 34mm CVs are not too big for most bikes.

74 Z1-A stock
76 KZ-900 Totaly stock vice MAC pipe
77 KZ-1000A stock
78 Z1-R 100%MINT 500 original Mi.
78 Z1-R Yoshi 1103 kit stage 1 cams Yoshi pipe. Etc
79 KZ-1300 (1400)
80 KZ-1300
81 Scratch built GPz1150R
82 KZ1000
Last edit: 19 Mar 2009 03:36 by otakar.

More
19 Mar 2009 16:18 #273521 by KZ700A1
Replied by KZ700A1 on topic best place to get carbs rebuilt
Well, I won the carbs. $70 for a set with shipping I think is agood deal. I just wanted to get a set to tear down, clean and put back together that were similar to the ones on my bike. After I get familiar with the process, I plan on selling them on Ebay then tackling my stock ones. They look nice though.

1984 KZ700A1
1982 GS550L (the L is for lady!)

Life's a garden.....dig it
Attachments:

More
19 Mar 2009 18:21 #273554 by keith1
Replied by keith1 on topic best place to get carbs rebuilt
KZ700A1 wrote:

Well, I won the carbs. $70 for a set with shipping I think is agood deal. I just wanted to get a set to tear down, clean and put back together that were similar to the ones on my bike. After I get familiar with the process, I plan on selling them on Ebay then tackling my stock ones. They look nice though.

any set of carbs that clean for 70 bucks is a score!!!!!!