Big mistake... I need carbs!!!

More
29 Mar 2009 17:52 - 29 Mar 2009 17:53 #276536 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic Big mistake... I need carbs!!!
Darryl wrote:

Thanks for the info. I sent them a email on pricing.

No racing for me just a nice ride with some power to get out of trouble if need be.

You can go to babbittsonline.com and go to the OEM section and look up every year and model of Kawi bike. Find the kawi part number for the carb assy on yours, then go back and do a part number search and it will list every model and year that uses it. Then you can sweep ebay and the dismantler sites (there are a lot of them) for similar year and model carbs. I would think a full set would be pricey, but I have never tried to buy them for your bike so maybe not.

1979 KZ-750 Twin
Last edit: 29 Mar 2009 17:53 by bountyhunter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Mar 2009 17:52 #276866 by Darryl
Replied by Darryl on topic Big mistake... I need carbs!!!
I got my carbs back from Wiredgeorge today.

His workmanship is bang on. The work he did was excellent.

I got them installed and I will be taken the bike out of my kitchen tomorrow. lol

Thanks to all for your help.

1983 Kawasaki KZ1100 D2 Spectre

More
30 Mar 2009 18:15 #276874 by keith1
Replied by keith1 on topic Big mistake... I need carbs!!!
anarki650 wrote:

keith1 wrote:

at this point, i am also a "customer".....i have a bid on ebay for some 26mm, i aim to get them, buy some jets, and grab the bull by the horns...
the only area i m lacking in is pulling tops off and getting needles out..i can replace clips at specified notch, but i ll have to work at rough sync.....i m sure the help here will make this a success......when i get my carbs back, i will sell
my interem set........should be a good learning experience.........

maintenance.kz650.info/GeneralMaintGuides.htm
Lots of resources here, kz650 specific, but much of it will apply to the larger KZs as well. I used the exact same procedure and specs to bench sync the vm26s I put on my 650, and they were very very close when I put a manometer on them to sync them up.

thanks....my carbs are due back from wg by the end of the week...i dis-assembled the 28 s....
found a few problems, but got a part or two from a member....a couple of things i learned....
the vm series are not rocket science...these carbs can be disassembled and assembled with a minimum of tools and brainpower.....although they dont look as finished outside as wg s undoubtedly will, a couple of cans of carb clean and an air compressor, along with new jets, new float valves , some orings, and 3 hours time and some patience ,and you can have some runnable carbs....
i am not a carb expert by any means, but for the novice who has an old set, and is apprehensive, it is definitely an option....i am going to run my wg carbs, but at some point in the near future, slap on the 28 s, and see what happens....its all about the learning curve...a lot of us are here to do the hands on and learn with some guidance from the more experienced...keith

More
30 Mar 2009 18:27 #276882 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic Big mistake... I need carbs!!!
I gotta know - Did you start it up in the kitchen? Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

More
30 Mar 2009 20:29 #276935 by Darryl
Replied by Darryl on topic Big mistake... I need carbs!!!
No I did not fire it up lol I wanted to. I did turn it over but no fire. Tomorrow I will get my friend to help me get the bike out of the house. A few tight turns were I will need to pick up the back end and lift it over a foot or 2. It was a very tight fit.

I can not wait to drive this bike.

1983 Kawasaki KZ1100 D2 Spectre