performance tweeks

More
27 Sep 2008 19:56 - 27 Sep 2008 20:13 #239000 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic performance tweeks
dodak1967 wrote:

Faster off the line, with enough instant power (or close to it) left over for quick acceleration while while riding. No 140-150 isnt fast enough

better start with a hyabusa then !:laugh:

Still recovering,some days are better than others.
Last edit: 27 Sep 2008 20:13 by PLUMMEN.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hardr0ck68
  • User
  • Who put the what in the where?
More
27 Sep 2008 20:55 #239005 by hardr0ck68
Replied by hardr0ck68 on topic performance tweeks
Why don't you post your budget, how much green do you have to work with. These liter bike guys will tell you how to squeeze every hp from that amount.

Remember all the power in the world will do nothing for you (except deliver you to the pearly gates), if the frame flexes or the brakes can stop you or you over power the anemic suspension...

1977 kz650 c1

bought it because I was told it would never run again...I like to prove people wrong.

More
28 Sep 2008 12:41 #239094 by dodak1967
Replied by dodak1967 on topic performance tweeks
Im planning on breaking the bike down, modify the motor and drive train, and possibly some frame mods ie: extended swingarm, lowering and maybe some stretching as well. Im planning on spending up to in the area of 3 grand on the motor alone, I'll see about the frame after the motor is fininshed. Ive looked into some of the suggestions. I like the cylindar and piston kits to increase the engine size. I would assume there are some internal mods required so I dont send the crank and various othe parts through the bottom of the motor. Ive contemplated turning it into a drag bike (got local drag strip here) but I want to keep it as a street bike. Realisticaly 140-150 mph, no way highway speeds suit me fine. Get a Hyabusa maybe, but what I want is to meet a hyabusa and give it a run for its money. I prefer the 80s bikes and this one will stick with me for quite some time yet. Ive thought about a single sided swingarm but only if it provides enhanced stability/performance I dont want to make changes for purley asthetic reasons. A machine should look like a machine, you know the type- dont touch or loose a hand. I also thought about widening the back tire for some stability although I know that'll affect turning. This is gonna be a project thats gonna take some time and cost some money.