Carb Holder clamps

More
20 Jun 2008 22:17 #221278 by cmmman
Replied by cmmman on topic Carb Holder clamps
SebRain77 wrote:

a JIS screwdriver, what the heck is that! I learn something new everyday!:laugh:

Japanese Industrial Standard

1977 KZ650B, modified.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jun 2008 06:10 #221306 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic Carb Holder clamps
The JIS screwdriver is the reason almost every small screw head has stripped thread on a Japanese bike. These screwdrivers are kind of hard to find but you can find them. Most screws on a Kaw are #1 head and #2. On a carb assembly, the bowl and top screws are #1 head. You can do a Google search as in "+JIS screwdriver" or +"JIS screwdriver set". This search will show you some alternatives. Keep in mind that modelers use JIS screwdrivers but have much smaller screws to work with I think so you will see size 000 and 00 and 0. These are in the jewelers screwdriver range. The other common use of JIS screws is in electronics... any copying machine has them. The JIS screw has a little indentation dot on its head as does the JIS bolt head.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

More
21 Jun 2008 08:31 #221335 by anarki650
Replied by anarki650 on topic Carb Holder clamps
You can order the clamps from www.z1enterprises.com . Last time I checked Jeff had them in stock and ready to ship. I gave up on my local Kaw dealer years ago and have turned to z1 and a couple other sites when I need parts, it's nice to work with people who know what they're talking about!!

09 Kawasaki ER6n
77 kz650b1 cafe rebirth project
"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube, that's why God made fast motorcycles..."
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
Omaha NE