sorry common question..

More
03 Jan 2008 06:59 #187475 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic sorry common question..
Slots are numbered top to bottom with top slot #1 and bottom #5. Slot #4 is 4th from top.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jan 2008 07:24 #187483 by roy-b-boy-b
Replied by roy-b-boy-b on topic sorry common question..
When i converted my fuelie to carbs i remember having to elongate the holes where the boots connected to the head to make them match the carb spacing. I finally sold the head on eBay to someone that wanted nitroius ports. I got over $225.00 even though the head had two fins broke off. It made life a whole lot easier with the 1000 cc LTD head.
Beware of the carb boot you order. I have simply forgot which boots i used. Roy

1979 LTD Street Fighter.1977 KZ1000

More
03 Jan 2008 12:14 #187511 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic sorry common question..
Hey Roy! How is the weather up there in KY? Cold down here now... brrrrrrr I had to road test a set of carbs this AM and my eyes watered! Hard to tune a bike when it is under 50 degrees as it takes the bike forever (seems like) to warm up. Oh yeah, on the intake manifolds.... there is only one type for the VM26/28. The same is not true for the BS32/34 family where there are three based on the shape of the outside of the venturi that fits in the holder.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

More
03 Jan 2008 14:45 #187536 by roy-b-boy-b
It is so cold here that i refuse to do anything. I want to go to Texas. Roy;)

More
05 Jan 2008 03:32 #187729 by Z1Class005
Replied by Z1Class005 on topic sorry common question..
Old School Kid and Roy- Any fuel injection parts laying around you'd be interested in getting rid of? I just bought an 80 z1 and looking for parts. Wired George- have you had much experience with the fuel injected z1 classics? I hear they can be a real pain based on the primitive technology available in the early 80's along with them now being 28 years old. thx don

More
05 Jan 2008 03:51 #187730 by roy-b-boy-b
I sold all my fuelie parts several years ago. Roy

• Old School Kid
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
07 Jan 2008 20:02 #188209 by Old School Kid
Replied by Old School Kid on topic sorry common question..
I picked up my bike and the previous owner had removed everything, I have also heard that they had big problems, but rumors can be rumors!!

Jets are here.... Have 28's w/110 main 17.5 pilot... going to 120 20, as WG suggested... can't wait.. also pulled the tops off the carbs the other day and seems as theres lots of stuff to take apart to get to the needle adjustment, or do you just adjust at top...... WG said to go to fourth slot from the top... Not questioning this, just being lazy...Or am I overlooking the easiest way when adjusting the needle. ( it looks as though I have to seperate all four? Thanks again..

I have become adicted, I check this forum all the time, you never know what your going to pick-up!:)

• Old School Kid
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
12 Jan 2008 10:27 #188862 by Old School Kid
Replied by Old School Kid on topic sorry common question..
Don't want to leave this thread danglin....

I have recieved the recomended jets, put them in the bike and went for a ride... Awesome, the bike rides very smooth putting around and pull like a rocket when asked.. Effortless 150 mile ride today...

I want to thank all that have put their .02 in, I value it all an have learned so much.. Thanks

Thanks WIREDGEORGE!! perfect combo!!!

(side note, anyone clueless and reading this...... do the re-wire, make sure you have 12v at coils and jet correctlly... bike is perfect now!):P