Questions Wiredgeorge's services

More
08 Aug 2007 12:07 #162541 by BSKZ650
Replied by BSKZ650 on topic Questions Wiredgeorge's services
I just recently got a set from him, dont remember how long it took, but it was worth the wait, and yes we have had a lot of rain down here last mth and it does affect his work by not being able to road test the carbs. The weather guys said we had over 40 inches of rain in July, I think I got the bike out twice and got wet once, if you communicate with him via his site I think you will find he responds very well

77 kz650, owned for over 25 years
77 ltd1000, current rider
76 kz900, just waiting
73 z1,, gonna restore this one
piglet, leggero harley davidson
SR, Ride captian, S.E.Texas Patriot Guard Riders.. AKA KawaBob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Pacificmonarch
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
08 Aug 2007 14:46 #162564 by Pacificmonarch
Replied by Pacificmonarch on topic Questions Wiredgeorge's services
Well the reason why I went to Wiredgeorge in the first place is because he was really informative and everyone recommended him. He did post replies when I had some question on my old/nonworking carburetor and I really appreciated it.

Well George, thanks for replying to this topic, however just to let you know, you didn't mention anything about the weather/tuning problems in the email you sent me on 7/5/07. Now at least I know that there is a weather problem and that others have been waiting as much as I have been.

I just want to ride my bike so I can fall on my ass and eat it. Now I have to figure out how to make the rain stop in Texas...

More
08 Aug 2007 17:21 #162598 by arai59
Replied by arai59 on topic Questions Wiredgeorge's services
If you have problems with businesses you can always contact the BBB. They usually follow up very well and can incite you on how to handle problems. But it seems the person in question has made contact with you now and you will probably have your ready tuned carbs soon. Patience is a virtue.

More
08 Aug 2007 17:41 #162602 by austin3119
Replied by austin3119 on topic Questions Wiredgeorge's services
5 months. Yikes. Just grab a cheap set off of Ebay or another member to get you by for a while.

More
04 Aug 2014 13:53 #642659 by davecullen
Replied by davecullen on topic Questions Wiredgeorge's services
hi just joined the forum, and came across this post, wanted to say I have today ordered my second set of carbs for a Z900/Z1000 from George; my first set took around three months, I ordered them late winter and was fully aware that it is a bespoke service and you have to be patient; the carbs have just been fitted to my Z900 which was running terribly, and according to the guy who has been working on the bike, they have transformed it; I asked George a question re the first set, (merely an application query) and he freely gave me advice on possible solutions and has kept in touch; so im sure this is telling everyone what they already know that George is a genuine person with a fantastic skill, and has an international reputation; if you want a quick solution, look for a cheap second hand set on ebay or something first and give them a try while awaiting your rebuilt set, hope this helps
dave

DAVECULLEN

• 4TheKZ1000
  • Visitor
04 Aug 2014 16:05 #642673 by 4TheKZ1000
Replied by 4TheKZ1000 on topic Questions Wiredgeorge's services
Dave, that thread was from 6 years 11 months ago. :laugh:

More
04 Aug 2014 16:17 #642675 by peter1958
Replied by peter1958 on topic Questions Wiredgeorge's services
If you dont have a clue and want to wait 3 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wtf um go for it, He did give great info to this forum before. Thank you George. A lot has changed over the years .You did give in to some idiot and poof

More
04 Aug 2014 17:47 - 04 Aug 2014 17:48 #642681 by undiablo
Replied by undiablo on topic Questions Wiredgeorge's services
I am very glad with my WiredGeorge restored CV34 carbs. He also sent me free set of jets for FREE (4 pilots - 4 primary main - 4 secondary main = total of 12 jets) when 2 years later I changed my exhaust OEM system to a 4 into 1 Vance&Hines. Nice guy and very professional.

Kawasaki KZ 750/4 LTD 1981
Kawasaki KLR 650 2011
Argentina - Buenos Aires
Last edit: 04 Aug 2014 17:48 by undiablo.

More
04 Aug 2014 23:14 #642708 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic Questions Wiredgeorge's services

4TheKZ1000 wrote: Dave, that thread was from 6 years 11 months ago. :laugh:

So it is just finishing second grade about now....

1979 KZ-750 Twin

More
06 Aug 2014 12:48 #642924 by steell
Replied by steell on topic Questions Wiredgeorge's services

peter1958 wrote: If you dont have a clue and want to wait 3 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wtf um go for it, He did give great info to this forum before. Thank you George. A lot has changed over the years .You did give in to some idiot and poof

I've really tried, but I just don't understand what you are saying.

This part I get

He did give great info to this forum before. Thank you George.

But I don't understand the rest of it.

Miss that ugly dude :evil:

KD9JUR

More
06 Aug 2014 14:18 #642936 by peter1958