Questions Wiredgeorge's services

• Pacificmonarch
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
07 Aug 2007 16:23 #162288 by Pacificmonarch
Questions Wiredgeorge's services was created by Pacificmonarch
Has anyone ordered carburetors from Wiredgeorge? If so, how long did it take to receive the carburetors? I order the "Mikuni BS34 Carburetor Upgrade Special" on April 17, 2007 and still have yet to receive it, that's 5 months. I understand George rebuilds the carburetors as the workorders comes in but waiting 5 months seems excessive. This is my first bike and I just want to ride it, but it's been sitting since I got it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Aug 2007 17:42 #162312 by Sandy
Replied by Sandy on topic Questions Wiredgeorge's services
Have You tried contacting Him?

1977 KZ1000 A-1

More
07 Aug 2007 18:38 #162335 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic Questions Wiredgeorge's services
try pming him;)

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

• KZQ
  • Administrator
  • Walking Behind the Corn May Not Be All That!
More
07 Aug 2007 18:43 #162339 by KZQ
Replied by KZQ on topic Questions Wiredgeorge's services
Must be a miscommunication.

www.KZ1300.com
Riders:
1968 BSA 441 Shooting Star, 1970 BSA 650 Lightning, 1974 W3, 1976 KZ900, 1979 KZ750 Twin, 1979 KZ750 Twin Trike, 1981 KZ1300, 1982 KZ1100 Spectre, 2000 Valkyrie, 2009 Yamaha Roadliner S. 1983 GL 1100
Projects:
1985 ZN1300

More
07 Aug 2007 19:25 #162365 by reborn650
Replied by reborn650 on topic Questions Wiredgeorge's services
Pacificmonarch wrote:

Has anyone ordered carburetors from Wiredgeorge? If so, how long did it take to receive the carburetors? I order the "Mikuni BS34 Carburetor Upgrade Special" on April 17, 2007 and still have yet to receive it, that's 5 months. I understand George rebuilds the carburetors as the workorders comes in but waiting 5 months seems excessive. This is my first bike and I just want to ride it, but it's been sitting since I got it.

Hey pacificmonarch - I have ordered two sets of carbs from George over the past 18 months. He is an honest, first-class operator and is always excellent at communicating before, during and after the sale. He even patiently puts up with my rookie questions. This time of year is his busiest season and if I am not mistaken his normal turnaround time during the off season is at least a couple of months.

Your 3.5 months seems longer than normal but keep in mind that George is a one-man-band who receives carb rebuild and purchase orders from customers around the world.

I'm with kzsci that there must be a miscommunication. Give George a call tomorrow and I am sure the two of you will clarify the situation to your satisfaction.

Cheers-Colin Firth-Ontario Canada

Post edited by: reborn650, at: 2007/08/07 22:33

Post edited by: reborn650, at: 2007/08/07 22:35

-1977 Kz650 Custom bought new by brother. Now with 810 kit, GPz750 cams, intake valves, Mikuni 29 smoothbores, velocity stacks, Dyna Igntion, MAC pipe and other goodies.
-1982 Ferrari 308 GTSi Red/Tan
-Toyota FJ Cruiser - 6 speed tank
-2010 Mazda CX-7 Turbo (my bride's)
-1998 Jeep TJ Wrangler 4.0...

• Pacificmonarch
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
07 Aug 2007 22:41 #162427 by Pacificmonarch
Replied by Pacificmonarch on topic Questions Wiredgeorge's services
I have contacted him. I called him 7 weeks after I placed the order and a month ago. The first time I called him I asked him if he sent the carburetors(the webpage originally stated 4-6 weeks turnaround time). He told me they weren't done and that he was busy, working 6 days a week 12 hours/day. So I said okay and decided to wait. After a month I didn't hear anything so I called him and just asked how the carburetors were coming along or if he at least started on them. He seemed irritated and just told me that he was busy and told me again that he was working 6 days a week 12 hours/day. I told him that I was waiting for the past 3 months. He didn't believe me. He thought I was lying. I had to assertively tell him to find my work and take look. He emailed me saying that April was busy month and that again he was working 6 days a week 12 hours/day. This whole time, he didn't even tell me anything about the carburetor.

What I don't understand is why he doesn't tell me anything about as to what's going on with the carburetor. Instead of just telling me that he's working 6 days a week 12 hours/day and leaving me in the dark, it would have been much better if he told me that there were a certain amount of workorders ahead or maybe that certain parts are taking a long time to come in or maybe the BS34 carburetors that he has are in terrible condition, etc. then maybe I would be more assured.

Also, I don't question his ability. I'm pretty sure he's a journeyman at his trade. I'm an auto mechanic myself and I understand that you can't rush quality. I also understand when customers get anxious it can be extremely irritating. However, I feel like 4 months is a lot of time.

I JUST WANT TO RIDE MY DAMN BIKE!AHHHHHH!!!!

And to make a correction on what I said, I've been waiting exactly 4 months instead of the 5 months that I've said prior.

• Pacificmonarch
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
07 Aug 2007 22:41 #162428 by Pacificmonarch
Replied by Pacificmonarch on topic Questions Wiredgeorge's services
I have contacted him. I called him 7 weeks after I placed the order and a month ago. The first time I called him I asked him if he sent the carburetors(the webpage originally stated 4-6 weeks turnaround time). He told me they weren't done and that he was busy, working 6 days a week 12 hours/day. So I said okay and decided to wait. After a month I didn't hear anything so I called him and just asked how the carburetors were coming along or if he at least started on them. He seemed irritated and just told me that he was busy and told me again that he was working 6 days a week 12 hours/day. I told him that I was waiting for the past 3 months. He didn't believe me. He thought I was lying. I had to assertively tell him to find my work and take look. He emailed me saying that April was busy month and that again he was working 6 days a week 12 hours/day. This whole time, he didn't even tell me anything about the carburetor.

What I don't understand is why he doesn't tell me anything about as to what's going on with the carburetor. Instead of just telling me that he's working 6 days a week 12 hours/day and leaving me in the dark, it would have been much better if he told me that there were a certain amount of workorders ahead or maybe that certain parts are taking a long time to come in or maybe the BS34 carburetors that he has are in terrible condition, etc. then maybe I would be more assured.

Also, I don't question his ability. I'm pretty sure he's a journeyman at his trade. I'm an auto mechanic myself and I understand that you can't rush quality. I also understand when customers get anxious it can be extremely irritating. However, I feel like 4 months is a lot of time.

I JUST WANT TO RIDE MY DAMN BIKE!AHHHHHH!!!!

And to make a correction on what I said, I've been waiting exactly 4 months instead of the 5 months that I've said prior.

More
08 Aug 2007 01:37 #162436 by almarconi
Replied by almarconi on topic Questions Wiredgeorge's services
Maybe something happened to him or maybe he has some personal issues/problems that we are not privy to. I have asked him questions in the past and he always responded rather quickly. If you read some of the answers that he leaves to peoples forum posts he always seem patient and give considerable thought to his responses. Perhaps you can purchase another set of carbs in the meantime so at least you can get your bike running.

1981 KZ550C LTD (SOLD)
1980 GS750L
1982 KZ750N1 Spectre (New Project)

More
08 Aug 2007 04:08 #162444 by The Fish
Replied by The Fish on topic Questions Wiredgeorge's services
almarconi wrote:

Perhaps you can purchase another set of carbs in the meantime so at least you can get your bike running.

I thought that was why he sent the carbs out in the first place, to keep from buying another set of carbs and to get his bike running.

Fish

More
08 Aug 2007 04:29 #162447 by Oznative
Replied by Oznative on topic Questions Wiredgeorge's services
I sent a set of carbs to George back in April. I knew when I sent them that it was the busy time of year. George let me know when the carbs arrived. I still am waiting on mine. It’s no big deal to me right now though. I have emailed him several times and actually called him and left a message. He is a one-man band and is very busy. From what I’ve heard I wouldn’t want anyone else rebuilding my carbs. I am patiently waiting for mine to be returned. I want them to be right. If it were a big issue I’d just buy another set of carbs as a backup. :)

1977 KZ1000 A-1 Just north of Boston

More
08 Aug 2007 06:41 #162471 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic Questions Wiredgeorge's services
Pacificmonarch, We are backed up on sets that require on-bike tuning and testing (like your order). This is not only from volume of work that was unanticipated this year (due to growth) but record bad weather. We had more rain in July than our normal yearly average and could not work on tuning/testing outdoors most of the month. I have explained this to you on the phone and by email. You DID NOT place your order 5 months ago. I am sure that it must seem like a long time but it is less than four months (April 17th). I told you we were going to get your order shipped soon, when last we spoke which was only about a week or so ago and asked your patience. Thanks for the patience!

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

More
08 Aug 2007 07:37 #162488 by KZErider
Replied by KZErider on topic Questions Wiredgeorge's services
I'm with Wiredgeorge on the weather issue. We have had unusually rainy weather here in Texas this year. Everyone I know that does any kind of work that requires going or being outside for any of it is hurting. That's one of the factors in play I'm sure.
I do home and light commercial repairs and remodeling and due to the unusual weather conditions we've been dealing with around here, everything is backed up.
Going back to making it related to what was said about road testing; if, let's say, you nornally test just three sets a day, and it's been raining nonstop for the last five to seven days, that puts you behind 15-20 tests. That compounds into the next and the next and the next...I feel his pain because the same thing has affected my work and that of alot of people I know.
And...we're not talking about just rainypoo; it's been torrential rain.

So be glad he's taking the measures necessary to get things right for you. It'll pay off in the long run.

81 KZ750E2(project), 81 KZ750E2(parts donor), 87 BMW K 75C - got it runnin, didn't care for it, holding for family member, 79 CB650(project) Nomad 1700, VStar 950