Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

sprocket ratio asssistance 24 Mar 2022 00:46 #864256

• Killerkz101180
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
Doing some searching on here and I come across this post ! Just wondering if you got the bike ready for this season ? I looked at my sprocket and I'm running a 42 tooth but I do mostly 1/8th mile tracks and I'm at about 100mph crossing the line on top end of 4th gear 
.  What part of the country are you in and post a few pics of your bike if you get time I'm just curious..kinda new to racing myself I raced last half of season b4 last and some broke parts kept me out last season but we are about 2 weeks away and I think I'll be ready this year !!! 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

sprocket ratio asssistance 03 Apr 2022 03:12 #864789

• Southpaw
  • Southpaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
Almost have the bike ready. I did change the final drive ratio from 15/40 (2.66:1) to 14/42 (3.0:1) see what that does. Added a dynatek two step launch controller, upgraded the rear brakes to Performance Machine rotor and caliper which saved me nearly 6lbs of weigh. Built and aluminum battery box. Built a fiberglass seat and currently getting her painted will post a few pics when its done. I race at Lebanon Valley Dragway in upstate NY

sprocket ratio asssistance 03 Apr 2022 13:52 #864830

• urankjj
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 201

Almost have the bike ready. I did change the final drive ratio from 15/40 (2.66:1) to 14/42 (3.0:1) see what that does. Added a dynatek two step launch controller, upgraded the rear brakes to Performance Machine rotor and caliper which saved me nearly 6lbs of weigh. Built and aluminum battery box. Built a fiberglass seat and currently getting her painted will post a few pics when its done. I race at Lebanon Valley Dragway in upstate NY.       15/40 sounds like a good combo., bottom and top.  Keep the rpms up and the rubber down. Let the good times roll.