Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Drag head needed 11 Sep 2021 23:48 #855149

• Scirocco
  • Premium Member
  • Never change a running system
  • Thank you received: 1895
If you want to run GPZ1100UT style cams (more lift) you need a special set of cam sprockets. You have to use allen bolt heads to torque the sprockets. Hex bolts you will collide with the cam chain links!!!

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Killerkz101180

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Drag head needed 24 Mar 2022 00:09 #864255

• Killerkz101180
  • Killerkz101180's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
So an update on build ....I got a new timing chain and found a nice ported kz head with big valves and a set of 460/480 cam already in it ... broke everything down and cleaned it up and noticed a few broke bolts in the bottom half of the case (3 actually) took me a few hours with a drill and a set of easy outs but I got them taken care of ....I been reading alot about cam timing with a degree wheel so I put off the build for a week or 2 and ordered all the stuff to do that .. The gauge , the degree wheel, and the magnetic base ... it came in and I set a day to start the build , wile I was going over all the parts and checking everything I noticed the cam gears that came with the head had 30 teeth so I ordered a new set from APE with 32 because my crank has 16 teeth and I grabbed a full engine bolt set , the case bolts are sold in a different kit so I got them to ...I was going to just get bolts at fastnal but there are 4 or 5 that are a bit longer and I didn't want to risk getting the wrong ones .....so.. all the parts needed are at the shop and I think I have all tools needed ....I  Think I've learned everything I'm going to learn by reading posts and looking at pictures so this weekend I will get my hands dirty and see if we can get it together
...if all goes well I'm planning on test passes the first of April Wish me Luck and Thanks guys 
Attachments:

Last edit: by Street Fighter LTD.

Drag head needed 15 Jun 2022 14:24 #868847

• DFIGPZ
  • User
  • Thank you received: 122
11,500 RPM NO WAY  early KZ head going to feed 1327 maybe 9,500rpm ,but it is going to take good cam to make power to 9,500 RPM
1984 750 Turbo