Smaller KZ to KZ 1000/Z1 actuator mod

More
15 Mar 2020 14:15 - 15 Mar 2020 14:26 #820963 by old_kaw
Replied by old_kaw on topic Smaller KZ to KZ 1000/Z1 actuator mod
It looks like the fleabay seller decided to back out of the inner helix sale that I placed a winning $10.00 bid on.. Backed out in a sleazy way.. He generated a tracking number on feb. 26, yet did not ship the part. Not to worry, I was refunded my full 10 bucks, and it looks like the seller gets to run another auction on the same part.

win-win? lol

I am still trying to figure out who is the bigger a-hole in all of this. lol

Me? For making a ridiculous low ball offer for this 40 dollar part? OR him, for saying YES to my lowball offer, but not shipping the part.

Part #13102-027

At least this part did arrive as scheduled.

1981 Kawasaki Kz1000K1
Located in the Saint Louis, Missouri Area.
Attachments:
Last edit: 15 Mar 2020 14:26 by old_kaw.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SWest

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hardrockminer
  • Sustaining Member
More
15 Mar 2020 15:08 #820968 by hardrockminer
Replied by hardrockminer on topic Smaller KZ to KZ 1000/Z1 actuator mod
Him!

I have several restored bikes along with a 2006 Goldwing with a sidecar. My wife has a 2019 Suzuki DR 650 for on and off road.

More
16 Mar 2020 06:48 #820996 by Rick H.
Replied by Rick H. on topic Smaller KZ to KZ 1000/Z1 actuator mod
Yep, him. Once you agree to a price it is cast in stone. I just went thru the same thing with an "offer to buy" on Ebay. The seller agreed to my offer and then claimed the item was not available. Ebay should really crack down on this stuff. Too easy for a seller just to say the item is no longer for sale. If I as a bidder back out of a bid I offer they get all kinds of ugly.
Rick H.

Rick H.

1977 Kawasaki KZ-1000A1
The following user(s) said Thank You: SWest, old_kaw

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
16 Mar 2020 07:12 #820997 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Smaller KZ to KZ 1000/Z1 actuator mod
AND YOU GET A STRIKE AGAINST YOU. AFTER TWO A SELLER CAN BLOCK YOUR BIDDING. I USED IT TO BLOCK THE BUMS JERKING OFF WHILE RUINING MY SALES. I EVEN MADE ONE PAY MY LISTING FEE AFTER HE BACKED OUT. :evil:
BOY WAS HE PISSED. :woohoo:
Steve

More
16 Mar 2020 09:01 - 16 Mar 2020 09:10 #821003 by old_kaw
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationThe thing is, I pushed to get the part, and did not want a refund. I wanted the part. I was curious if it was the same part my 81 uses since the part number is different on Partzilla. This was supposed to be a NOS #13102-027 (now made of unobtainium) , and the inner helix part number listed for my 81 Kz1000K1 on partzilla is 13102-019 (also unobtainium)
This clears it all up. BTW, it was never scanned in. It is the USPS fault.
Seller's message:
"It was shipped the day the tracking was loaded. It appears as if the post office missed the take in scan. All we can do is wait to see if it picks up it's next scan at a sorting facility. I do not guarantee any shipping times, that is something ebay does automatically. "

ALSO... Not to confuse myself more on the different part numbers..
Both the Kz650 and Kz1000 inner retainer have the same part number for the retainer listed on partzilla (13197-004), yet the NOS inner retainer I received has 11 holes, instead of the 10 that I counted in my original inner retainer. (unless I counted them wrong 10 freakin times) :S

The fleabay listing always says that this NEW OLD STOCK OEM part may not be in the original packaging, but shows a pic of the label in the listing. funny thing that the NOS label never seems to make it into the package I receive. duh.

It definitely looks NOS judging from the rust.

1981 Kawasaki Kz1000K1
Attachments:
Last edit: 16 Mar 2020 09:10 by old_kaw. Reason: hmmmmm

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
16 Mar 2020 09:59 #821005 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Smaller KZ to KZ 1000/Z1 actuator mod
So you mean it could arrive anyway? The "rust" I suspect it's the coating they put on to preserve it. As for the label I suspect they keep them so they can sell another part as NOS. I'd like to reach through the computer and make them go GACK. :evil:
How's the new part working?
Mine is working fine I just have to get use to it after dealing with the old one all these years. When the bike pulls away smoothly I seem to dump the clutch and lift the front wheel. :ohmy:
The old dog syndrome. :blush:
Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: old_kaw

More
16 Mar 2020 10:21 - 17 Mar 2020 07:18 #821006 by old_kaw
You may be right about the "rust" actually being a cosmoline type metal preservative. My thoughts exactly on the OEM labels/ packaging. Fleabay is getting almost as bad as dealing with CL flakes and scammers.. not quite yet, but almost.. >buyer beware<.

Yeah, i'm sure it's going to show up in my mail box any day now... lol

Oh, I didn't try the 750 twin release mechanism yet. I didn't actually NEED it, I just bought it out of curiosity to see if it was the same part. Part numbers seem to vary so much. I just had my original helix release mechanism apart last fall, and have hardly put on 500 miles since.
I am still not 100% sure if it will fit. It looks right, but that could all change if I take off the sprocket cover. It's ~34* F and rainy here this AM.

The mounting holes look the be ~2" center to center.. not sure on the diameter of the outer helix. I do not know what the original mounting holes measure C-C. The mechanism looks to be clocked properly.

For $18.40 , I couldn't resist. (thought it was 10)

1981 Kawasaki Kz1000K1
Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Mar 2020 07:18 by old_kaw. Reason: typo's