Bike won't start after warmed up (Part 2)

• ThatFiveOhTho
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
01 Jul 2017 14:31 #765849 by ThatFiveOhTho
Replied by ThatFiveOhTho on topic Bike won't start after warmed up (Part 2)
Well, thanks to all that have replied. I have decided to rebuild the motor, due to oil still leaking from the side of the head gasket on to my leg. Probably needs just an oring but since I'm in there might as well dig deep and get it back to freshened up. Lol. PO did alot of wheelies which makes me think oil starvation. Will post a new thread on build when it is done. Sorry for the dead end answer, doesn't really solve the problem but may answer some questions.

1982 KZ750E
The following user(s) said Thank You: GPz550D1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jul 2017 07:56 #765891 by KZB2 650
Replied by KZB2 650 on topic Bike won't start after warmed up (Part 2)
Not sure but wonder if you should try to get this problem figured out first..... would be a bitch to throw all that cash in a re built motor then still have this problem. I just did my carbs and when setting the floats (with the clear tube method) after a half hour my #1 and #2 carb was over flowing and #4 was a good 3/16 higher from leaky valves. New ones solved the problem........ I set them up level on a board on my work bench and elevated the tank to feed em and set the floats that way and this could tell you if yours are leaking or rising too high.

I replaced all 4 as they are 29mm smooth bores and have no over flows (like Steve's 33s) so they are even more critical that they don't leak.

1978 KZ650 b-2
700cc Wiseco kit 10 to 1.
1980 KZ750 cam, ape springs, stock clutch/ Barnett springs.
Vance and Hines Header w/ comp baffle and Ape pods, Dyna S and green coils, copper wires.
29MM smooth bores W/ 17.5 pilots, 0-6s and 117.5 main
16/42 gearing X ring chain and alum rear JT sprocket.

• ThatFiveOhTho
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
02 Jul 2017 10:07 - 02 Jul 2017 10:08 #765903 by ThatFiveOhTho
Replied by ThatFiveOhTho on topic Bike won't start after warmed up (Part 2)
That's the thing though. They have been replaced.i bought a set of "budget" carb kits that just came with float needles and bowl gaskets. I may Polish them out but the rebuild has more footing then the hard starting when warm issue. Like an oil leak, as well as low compression, or just decent compression. I used to have an over fill problem with my old needles but has since been corrected, at least that's what the measurements say when I check the fuel height. The spark plugs are also coming out bone dry and light in color after I get the bike started when the issue hits. Kind of contradictory to what I've said but hence, the rebuild.

1982 KZ750E
Last edit: 02 Jul 2017 10:08 by ThatFiveOhTho.