#2 cylinder running rich

More
11 Aug 2016 14:30 #738302 by daveo
Replied by daveo on topic #2 cylinder running rich
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

missionkz wrote:

TexasKZ wrote: Mopar markets a combustion chamber cleaner that is supposedly da bomb. I've not tried it, but guys on a couple of other forums claim they have had good results with it. It is available at CDJ dealers.

This is the stuff I used last time I decarbonized.....

Possible alternative source:

1982 KZ1100-A2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2016 00:38 #740208 by SmokyOwl
Replied by SmokyOwl on topic #2 cylinder running rich

jimgcastle wrote: The fuel line will connect BETWEEN carbs 2 and 3. The vacuum line for the petcock goes to carb 2 directly. The line on 1 and 4 is for the breather valve coming off the top of the cam cover.

Well...bummer.

That's the line I couldn't replace because I would be unable to attach a clamp at the carburetor cause of clearance issues. Pretty sure that's where my gas leak is coming from. It looks like I can't even tighten the thing without removing the air box.

I did get a new petcock rubber gasket though but haven't gotten around to fixing it.

1982 Kawasaki KZ1100 A2, Shaft

Never trade the thrill of living for the safety of existance.

More
28 Aug 2016 05:02 #740213 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic #2 cylinder running rich
If you are using those awful screw-type hose clamps throw them all away as I did many years ago. The spring type (shown below) are a million times easier to use; especially in tight places. Any auto parts store should carry them or you can buy them online. Ed

Attachment FuelLineClamp-2-3.jpg not found

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)
Attachments: