Tips for ring installation

• Yetanotherkzrider
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
22 May 2016 11:21 #727888 by Yetanotherkzrider
Replied by Yetanotherkzrider on topic Tips for ring installation
I definitely did! I have it pretty close to together now. Just need to torque the head down, adjust the cams/valves, and reinstall the exhaust and carbs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2016 13:38 #727913 by KZB2 650
Replied by KZB2 650 on topic Tips for ring installation

Nessism wrote: I keep telling myself I'm going to get some of the proper hose clamps, shim stock, etc, and make some ring compressors, but when the time comes I always wind up pinching in the rings with my fingers and a plastic white stick during install. Never broke a ring yet (knock on wood).

Jay from APE talked me into doing it this way and mine turned out fine too but I agree .... knock on wood....... the homemade compressors are a slick idea and if I do it again someday I might do it that way. ;)

And please cleaned the block well........ I washed it good with soap and water then wiped it down with WD-40.... thought I had it super clean but Got a little honing grit on the paper towel and it took a good 4 or 5 times (really scrubbing) with a clean towel and more 40 to get them to come out totally spotless.

1978 KZ650 b-2
700cc Wiseco kit 10 to 1.
1980 KZ750 cam, ape springs, stock clutch/ Barnett springs.
Vance and Hines Header w/ comp baffle and Ape pods, Dyna S and green coils, copper wires.
29MM smooth bores W/ 17.5 pilots, 0-6s and 117.5 main
16/42 gearing X ring chain and alum rear JT sprocket.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.