Turbo help please?

• mrdatsunturbo
  • User
  • mrturbo Norway
More
10 Nov 2013 09:40 #612704 by mrdatsunturbo
Replied by mrdatsunturbo on topic Turbo help please?
Yes it is nice here i am living south in Norway but now we are waiting for snow here and it is very cold here in winther.last winther we had -29 (not fahrenheit)
Back to questions yes using kickstarter is no problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
More
10 Nov 2013 14:09 #612723 by Street Fighter LTD
Replied by Street Fighter LTD on topic Turbo help please?
KD HART
Very little oil comes out the hose onto the chain. I blocked off my stock breather and went to this system which worked perfect with my teams Funny Bike back in the Late 70s , So it has had the acid test.

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

More
11 Nov 2013 08:11 #612772 by K.D. HART
Replied by K.D. HART on topic Turbo help please?

Street Fighter LTD wrote: KD HART
Very little oil comes out the hose onto the chain. I blocked off my stock breather and went to this system which worked perfect with my teams Funny Bike back in the Late 70s , So it has had the acid test.

So the only vent you have is on the valve cover?

More
11 Nov 2013 08:25 #612773 by K.D. HART

NakedFun wrote: Drain being 3/8" doesn't bother me, but he angle does. As stated, needs to be all down hill run, and the more vertical the better. Another question is, how much oil do you have in the outlet of your turbo? The reason I ask is, some should be expected especially if it a street driven bike. The compressor side piston seal which is what keeps oil in your bearing housing and out of your compressor housing and is designed to handle a pressure differential between the oil pressure it sees on one side and boost pressure on the other. If the bike sees more idle and low boost time due to part throttle, the pressure difference is much greater and thus oil will seep into the compressor housing. The only way to prevent this would be a greater amount of time riding at boost pressures that are closer or above the oil pressure witnessed by the oil seal. Even if you clean it out, continued part throttle riding will just allow it to return. Oil residue is common on street turbo applications and is normal. No harm is done. Now if you have a lot of oil in you compressor housing then you have an issue to correct. If you have any additional turbo questions you can PM me. I am in a deer stand this weekend, so I may be slow to reply.

Cory

Cory,
That all makes sense, but I still think I might have a engine issue to deal with?
I don't have none of these problems with my ZRX turbo.
I did a leak down test on one cylinder with a US GENERAL tester, but z1wiz wants me to try his leak down tester before I do anything more.
He doesn't trust my tester, since it works on 15 lbs of pressure.
I'm all for having my oil return in another location (I cant go lower on the oil fill cap), but can a standard kick starter cover plate be modified or do I have to buy this and where do I get one?

More
11 Nov 2013 10:41 #612783 by NakedFun
Replied by NakedFun on topic Turbo help please?
I understand, but didn't know how much oil you are dealing with. I would hate for you to try and solve a non-issue. Well there are plenty of sources for kickstand covers IF you are not going to keep the kick starter from APE and D&G Chassis.

Cory

2008 Kawasaki Concours 14
1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
1976 Kawasaki KZ900

More
11 Nov 2013 11:24 #612791 by K.D. HART

NakedFun wrote: I understand, but didn't know how much oil you are dealing with. I would hate for you to try and solve a non-issue. Well there are plenty of sources for kickstand covers IF you are not going to keep the kick starter from APE and D&G Chassis.

Cory

I looked at both of them places and they only seem to have the block off covers.
I do want to keep the kick starter on my bike.
I need to find one of these covers that I can use as a oil return and still be able to use the kick start. Any ideas???

More
11 Nov 2013 15:13 #612809 by NakedFun
I am not sure those are actually pre-made. Can't you drill a hole in your stock cover and have an aluminum tube TIG'd into it?

Cory

1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
1976 Kawasaki KZ900

More
11 Nov 2013 16:53 - 11 Nov 2013 16:59 #612819 by K.D. HART

NakedFun wrote: I am not sure those are actually pre-made. Can't you drill a hole in your stock cover and have an aluminum tube TIG'd into it?

Cory

I thought you might say something like that, so I already sent a P.M. and asked Leon if he could weld on a block that I could drill and tap for a line.
I'm not a aluminum welder. Used to do all types of welding for my job, but never aluminum. Or do you know anyone else if Leon can't do it?

I could even use one of these, cope it to fit and have it welded on.
www.mscdirect.com/product/78142098?src=p...04_c_S&026=-99&025=c
Last edit: 11 Nov 2013 16:59 by K.D. HART.

• Street Fighter LTD
More
11 Nov 2013 17:46 #612820 by Street Fighter LTD

K.D. HART wrote:

Street Fighter LTD wrote: KD HART

So the only vent you have is on the valve cover?

Yes

Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

• Street Fighter LTD
More
11 Nov 2013 17:51 #612822 by Street Fighter LTD

K.D. HART wrote:

NakedFun wrote: I understand, but didn't know how much oil you are dealing with. I would hate for you to try and solve a non-issue. Well there are plenty of sources for kickstand covers IF you are not going to keep the kick starter from APE and D&G Chassis.

Cory

I looked at both of them places and they only seem to have the block off covers.
I need to find one of these covers that I can use as a oil return and still be able to use the kick start. Any ideas???

MR Turbo kits have the oil return into the kick start cover and retain the kickstarter function

Attachments:

More
11 Nov 2013 18:39 #612825 by K.D. HART

Street Fighter LTD wrote:

K.D. HART wrote:

Cory

MR Turbo kits have the oil return into the kick start cover and retain the kickstarter function

Really?
I called Mr. Turbo today, but he was stuck on the dyno and didn't get a chance to talk to him. I'll ask if he has any for sale.
I looked on the website, but couldn't find one. www.mrturbo.com/catalog/109_oilsys/oil_sys.html

More
11 Nov 2013 19:27 #612831 by NakedFun
I guess I should restate that I don't know of any "separate" retailer outside of a specific turbo kit manufacturer that would make them since it's only purpose would be for a turbo kit installation. I am sure they can help you out. ;)

Cory

1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
1976 Kawasaki KZ900