Do you EVER reuse your oil?

More
02 May 2013 23:30 #585369 by kawman66
Replied by kawman66 on topic Do you EVER reuse your oil?
for what you are doing the used oil will be fine as long as you filter it to get out debis i would go get a paint strainer to put it through they are paper with a fine mesh filter.

75 z1b
76 kz900ltd
76 kz900
76 kz900-1500
77 kz1000ltd

my drinking team has a racing problem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2013 23:53 #585551 by LarryC
Replied by LarryC on topic Do you EVER reuse your oil?

650ed wrote:

Dr. Gamma wrote: When I worked in dealerships, I would bring the oil and filters out of my racebikes back to the service department and put them into customer's bikes. Hell they only had a weekends worth of racing on them.

Same thing with my streetbikes, I change oil and filter every 750 miles. So I would just bring them back to the shop and put them into customer's service bikes too!!! I only used the best synthetic oil I could get, and only O.E.M. oil filters. Plus at only 750 miles, it was just broken in!!!!!

One more reason I do all my own maintenance on my bike, cars, and truck! :blink:

How about it..... that's just wrong no matter how it's sliced and diced.

Larry C.

More
03 May 2013 23:54 #585553 by LarryC
Replied by LarryC on topic Do you EVER reuse your oil?

650ed wrote:

Dr. Gamma wrote: When I worked in dealerships, I would bring the oil and filters out of my racebikes back to the service department and put them into customer's bikes. Hell they only had a weekends worth of racing on them.

Same thing with my streetbikes, I change oil and filter every 750 miles. So I would just bring them back to the shop and put them into customer's service bikes too!!! I only used the best synthetic oil I could get, and only O.E.M. oil filters. Plus at only 750 miles, it was just broken in!!!!!

One more reason I do all my own maintenance on my bike, cars, and truck! :blink:

How about it.... :blink:

Larry C.

More
04 May 2013 21:20 #585675 by Kitten Tooth
Replied by Kitten Tooth on topic Do you EVER reuse your oil?
Putting used filters in other peoples bikes is kinda messed up.. Thats just.. greasy. I myself would be to paranoid to re-use oil. Even if you had a brand new oil pan to catch it all in, what if there was some crud inside from when it was manufactured? Then that shit just ends up in your motor.

1981 Kawasaki KZ1000-K LTD
1983 Suzuki GS300L-D
1982 Suzuki GS300L-Z sold:(
1976 KZ400D3
1973 Z900... I WISH

DO A BARREL ROLL!!

More
05 May 2013 11:43 #585771 by KzChop82
Replied by KzChop82 on topic Do you EVER reuse your oil?

That's a pretty greasy move bud...

Clinton, NJ
Custom chopper, 1982 KZ 1000 M2 CSR engine, K&N Pod Filters

PICTURES AND GOPRO VIDEOS!! :
www.dropbox.com/sh/jipz3l8nhzr4jge/AABbm...OC3sqlhCSLxH5Fa?dl=0