Do you EVER reuse your oil?

More
01 May 2013 00:22 #585041 by Haybus
Replied by Haybus on topic Do you EVER reuse your oil?
They filmed Used Cars in Mesa, Az. They had a call out in the Arizone Republic for people to drive their cars in the movie. There's a scene with a ton of cars driving across the desert. You can clearly see my brother in his multi colored primer 55 Ford pickup. We drove that truck all over the valley.

1976 KZ900 LTD (sort of)
2005 FJR
2009 Hayabusa
www.kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/557845...-streetfighter-build

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 May 2013 00:35 #585043 by Mcdroid
Replied by Mcdroid on topic Do you EVER reuse your oil?

Dr. Gamma wrote:

bountyhunter wrote:

Dr. Gamma wrote: When I worked in dealerships, I would bring the oil and filters out of my racebikes back to the service department and put them into customer's bikes. Hell they only had a weekends worth of racing on them.

Same thing with my streetbikes, I change oil and filter every 750 miles. So I would just bring them back to the shop and put them into customer's service bikes too!!! I only used the best synthetic oil I could get, and only O.E.M. oil filters. Plus at only 750 miles, it was just broken in!!!!!

Hoping the statute of limitations for fraud in your state has run out on the crimes you just confessed to.

You would not believe what goes on in big dealerships, car or powersport.

Oh, I do believe...having worked at two dealerships in my younger years.

Michael
Victoria, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
More
01 May 2013 00:44 - 01 May 2013 00:45 #585046 by Motor Head
Replied by Motor Head on topic Do you EVER reuse your oil?
We re-use ALL of the used oil.
To Heat The Workshop in a Waste Oil Furnace, EPA Passed.
Otherwise I had an old work mate in the 80's used to poor all the old oil into his 64 Dodge Truck with the 318 A block. That thing would still be running if the rear diff didn't lock up, from no oil. :laugh:

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...
Last edit: 01 May 2013 00:45 by Motor Head.

More
01 May 2013 00:51 #585050 by CrazyDuck
Replied by CrazyDuck on topic Do you EVER reuse your oil?
At least he changed it.
I got very pissed when my sister brought her car over to me straight from the dealer after an oil change and it was a quart low, oil was black as tar, and the filter housing had not been touched. I changed the oil and filter and it stayed clean after that.

I do reuse oil but only for the purpose of cleaning nasty engines. The oil out of my stuff usually comes out still yellow and clean and I will run it through an engine that has black oil in it for a few miles and let it collect on crap before dumping it. No point in wasting brand new oil for that.

1976 KZ900
1974 TX500
1978 TT500
2007 Aprilia SXV

More
01 May 2013 01:24 #585059 by Dr. Gamma
Replied by Dr. Gamma on topic Do you EVER reuse your oil?

Haybus wrote: They filmed Used Cars in Mesa, Az. They had a call out in the Arizone Republic for people to drive their cars in the movie. There's a scene with a ton of cars driving across the desert. You can clearly see my brother in his multi colored primer 55 Ford pickup. We drove that truck all over the valley.

What street were the dealerships on?? Roy L Fuchs dealership building might still be standing. Luke's carlot must be built over by now. Everytime I drive thru Mesa, I keep looking for where it could have been filmed.

Anybody in retail sales must watch that movie!!!

1972 H2 750 Cafe Racer built in 1974.
1976 KH400 Production Road Racer.
1979 Kz1000 MK. II Old AMA/WERA Superbike.
1986 RG500G 2 stroke terror.
1986 GSXR750RG The one with the clutch that rattles!

Up in the hills near Prescott, Az.

More
01 May 2013 02:47 #585065 by Haybus
Replied by Haybus on topic Do you EVER reuse your oil?

Dr. Gamma wrote:

Haybus wrote: They filmed Used Cars in Mesa, Az. They had a call out in the Arizone Republic for people to drive their cars in the movie. There's a scene with a ton of cars driving across the desert. You can clearly see my brother in his multi colored primer 55 Ford pickup. We drove that truck all over the valley.

What street were the dealerships on?? Roy L Fuchs dealership building might still be standing. Luke's carlot must be built over by now. Everytime I drive thru Mesa, I keep looking for where it could have been filmed.

Anybody in retail sales must watch that movie!!!

I want to say Main between Country Club and Alma School, but it's been a long time since I lived there. Darner Chrystler was the dealership, doubt it's still there. Luke's was just an empty lot at the time. Though I seem to remember a few years later there was a used car lot there.

1976 KZ900 LTD (sort of)
2005 FJR
2009 Hayabusa
www.kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/557845...-streetfighter-build

More
01 May 2013 03:41 #585071 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic Do you EVER reuse your oil?

Dr. Gamma wrote:

bountyhunter wrote:

Dr. Gamma wrote: When I worked in dealerships, I would bring the oil and filters out of my racebikes back to the service department and put them into customer's bikes. Hell they only had a weekends worth of racing on them.

Same thing with my streetbikes, I change oil and filter every 750 miles. So I would just bring them back to the shop and put them into customer's service bikes too!!! I only used the best synthetic oil I could get, and only O.E.M. oil filters. Plus at only 750 miles, it was just broken in!!!!!

Hoping the statute of limitations for fraud in your state has run out on the crimes you just confessed to.

It said "oil change with filter" Didn't say it was "new" oil and filter!!!!!

What a coincidence: just finished watching the Frontline episode documentary about the Bush administration's handling of the Iraq war and they talked exactly like that.

1979 KZ-750 Twin

More
01 May 2013 03:42 #585072 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic Do you EVER reuse your oil?

Haybus wrote: That's a bit messed up. Was that before the invention of ethics? :huh: :dry:

I worked thirty years in the electronics industry..... got laid off five years ago. This thread reminds me of all the meetings I had to attend with the sales and marketing thieves.

1979 KZ-750 Twin

More
01 May 2013 17:59 #585147 by steell
Replied by steell on topic Do you EVER reuse your oil?
I save all my used oil and give it to a friend.
He uses it to dispose of dead horses by burning. :woohoo:

KD9JUR

More
01 May 2013 18:30 #585149 by Roadflyer
Replied by Roadflyer on topic Do you EVER reuse your oil?
over the winter I rebuilt an old Kawasaki Bayou 300 quad for my Daughter. By the time I was done with troubleshooting different problems I had drained and filled the oil 4 times and only had an hours use on it. The last time I just dumped the drained oil back in and used a paper towel as a filter in the funnel.

1979 kz1000 shaftie rebuild project
1045 wiseco 10.25-1 pistons
Kenny Harmon 380 lift cams

More
01 May 2013 18:44 #585150 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic Do you EVER reuse your oil?

steell wrote: I save all my used oil and give it to a friend.
He uses it to dispose of dead horses by burning. :woohoo:

Attachment 00000_2013-05-01.jpg not found

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)
Attachments:

More
02 May 2013 00:43 #585213 by steell
Replied by steell on topic Do you EVER reuse your oil?
:laugh: :laugh:

And look at what it says on the can, "1000 miles of perfect lubrication". :P

KD9JUR