Back Fire and popping at low Rpm

More
20 Jan 2013 22:19 #568388 by Steve1986
Replied by Steve1986 on topic Back Fire and popping at low Rpm
donthaveakawman-i never messed with the advancer was my next step if my last round with carbs would have failed ,and im gonna still check and oil anyway to prevent something from happening in the riding season.

Chonus- are you talking about the emissions crap ? if so yes it is still. i tried plugging the the hose that runs from that to air box because it suck air in and (air box is M.I.A.) Bike would not run. so i just bought a universal valve cover filter at my local auto store. to prevent shit being sucked in there but i had done this before my problem started ,

IS there anyway to remove the emissions crap without affecting performance of my bike? and why cant i upload pic to the forum ?

1982 kz1000J

Miles-6700

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jan 2013 23:34 #568407 by chonus
Replied by chonus on topic Back Fire and popping at low Rpm
I'm talking about the cylinder looking thing that tucks up under the tank area. That thing messes with combustion temps and results in backfires on decel. I think. I heard that somewhere and it could be completely incorrect Hahaha . Worth a look tho. And I upload photos to photobucket and copy image into post

-Dave

'82 kz305 lil bob
'82 kz1000 streetfighter project
'80 kz750/4 LTD
'02 kx125

More
21 Jan 2013 00:07 #568420 by Steve1986
Replied by Steve1986 on topic Back Fire and popping at low Rpm
the cylinder has to do with emissions(for u.s. bikes) it only allows my bike to run when its hooked up a certain way. if messed with or plugged would bog my bike or just not let it start but i do want to find out if i can delete it all together

1982 kz1000J

Miles-6700

• donthaveakawman
  • Visitor
21 Jan 2013 00:20 #568427 by donthaveakawman
Replied by donthaveakawman on topic Back Fire and popping at low Rpm
I would think maybe the mixture screw would be the best place to check.

More
21 Jan 2013 02:06 #568455 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic Back Fire and popping at low Rpm

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Attachments:

• donthaveakawman
  • Visitor
21 Jan 2013 03:17 #568465 by donthaveakawman
Replied by donthaveakawman on topic Back Fire and popping at low Rpm
so you are saying to unplug everything cap off the vacuum things on the carburetors, cap off the air-box, and the reed valves should be plugged or crossed over with john edwards?