Installing V&H exhaust

More
23 Feb 2011 09:07 #432906 by cincykz
Replied by cincykz on topic Installing V&H exhaust
Well, all of my order came the same day that it shipped, so thumbs up for Z1. I havn't put the carbs or the pipe on yet, but the carbs are done and I'll have the bike running in the next few days. My initial impression of the exhaust is excellent, the chrome is flawless, and the muffler took a perfect fit on the header. Held up to the engine, it's a perfect fit. More soon...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rpiian
  • User
  • Live to Ride, Ride to Live
More
23 Feb 2011 09:21 #432908 by rpiian
Replied by rpiian on topic Installing V&H exhaust

LMAO. Yeah, sucked sanding down the finish between the header and the can to get that thing to fit together on my 900.

Grab a beer or 6 and you should be good to go.

Hah, somehow I got my muffler pipe on my header; I think I used a big hammer. Needless to say it's not coming off...

Believe me, I've tried.

2006 SV1000S
Carbon Yoshi RS3
ZGDB Smoke Windscreen
Sharealike Clutch Basket Mod
Switchable TRE
13300mi

1981 KZ650 CSR H1
Dual "Pro-Burner" Headlights
ZX-6R Taillight
Tapered Head Bearings
Dyna Wires
Rebel Gears 26T Rear Sprocket
V&H 4-1 Exhaust
20100mi
My little streetfighter...

More
25 Feb 2011 06:49 #433300 by cincykz
Replied by cincykz on topic Installing V&H exhaust
Alrightey, got the coils, carbs, and pipe on the bike, pretty much everything that runs it has been gone over, so here's a short pipe review.

The Vance&Hines pipe looked excellent out of the box. No date or country of manufacture. The chrome is excellent. Fitting the header to the bike proved a little bit tricky, probably aggravated by my oil cooler though. I started with very few threads on the bolts, but was able to tighten them through slowly, especially after it ran. Once the header was fitted, the muffler snugged on perfectly and easily, and EXACTLY met up with the footpeg mounting hole and the little stub that holds it. So basically, a perfect fit on a good pipe. Fired it up, runs great, sounds great. A bit loud, but significantly quieter than my old Kerker (at idle) when you rev it it really barks though, definately not stock sounding. I was able to talk to someone without yelling while it idled. Overall, I am very satisfied with this pipe, installation wasn't too bad, fit is perfect, and it sounds great. It also fits much tighter and sportier to the bike than my old Kerker. I havn't ridden on the road yet, and judging by the blizzard happening right now, it'll be a while.