4 valve head swap?

• hardr0ck68
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Who put the what in the where?
More
06 Nov 2010 10:10 #411244 by hardr0ck68
Replied by hardr0ck68 on topic 4 valve head swap?
pic

1977 kz650 c1

bought it because I was told it would never run again...I like to prove people wrong.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Nov 2010 10:19 #411250 by T_Dub
Replied by T_Dub on topic 4 valve head swap?
You're cracked haha. I'm looking forward to seeing how this works out for ya.

1977 KZ650B1
-810cc
-Cavanaugh Racing Head
-Mikuni RS34's
-GPR Muffler

• hardr0ck68
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
06 Nov 2010 20:45 #411382 by hardr0ck68
Whoo-hoo it's getting heated out there on the forum. Oh well.

My guy says the second block arrived today. Next step is borring the upper cases to accept the block, that should happen sometime this week.

I have sent some best offer request to e-bayers trying to sell zx750 heads without the cam caps, I am trying to explain the head is useless without the caps, but you know breakers.... if it's old its $$$. Chances are that the cam bearings will need a good hone after the heads are split and welded to insure they are ture; don't wanna snap a cam after all! So if they need to be honed anyways I will try to socre a cheap head.

1977 kz650 c1

bought it because I was told it would never run again...I like to prove people wrong.

• larrycavan
  • Visitor
09 Nov 2010 22:51 - 09 Nov 2010 23:14 #411971 by larrycavan
Replied by larrycavan on topic 4 valve head swap?
:laugh:

He says.... He will.... He thinks.... Why don't you have HIM do the post because HE is the one building the motor and doing all the technical work

Let's see something you've done.
Last edit: 09 Nov 2010 23:14 by larrycavan.

• hardr0ck68
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
10 Nov 2010 04:04 #411977 by hardr0ck68
Trust me buddy I will be getting to lay a bead of weld on this project (wich Rob will probably have to re-do). I will be there to turn a wrench the day the motor comes together.

I am not a welder. I am not a machinest. Does that mean it is not my project?

Rob tends to stays away from forms; he hates idiots with large post counts who tell him how to do his job.

He has been trolling this board, and wants me to go monoshock this winter as well.

1977 kz650 c1

• tachrev
  • User
  • Rubber Side Goes Down
More
10 Nov 2010 04:48 #411980 by tachrev
Replied by tachrev on topic 4 valve head swap?
larrycavan wrote:

:laugh:

He says.... He will.... He thinks.... Why don't you have HIM do the post because HE is the one building the motor and doing all the technical work

Let's see something you've done.

What is going on around here lately...you're the "HE" for a lot of people around here, what's the problem?

1977 Kawasaki KZ1000 : Street/Strip
Build Thread

• hardr0ck68
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
10 Nov 2010 04:58 #411981 by hardr0ck68
There are pictures of what I have done here:

kzrider.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&...d=3&id=379053#379131

I turned this

1977 kz650 c1

Attachments:

• hardr0ck68
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
10 Nov 2010 04:59 #411982 by hardr0ck68
into this: and on all of that Rob only powder coated some parts for me and helped me find the source of a bad ground. He also welded a bung into the stainless exhaust for my o2 sensor. He is a awesome help, but this is my bike!

1977 kz650 c1

Attachments:

More
10 Nov 2010 10:40 #412017 by T_Dub
I dunno why I havent seen a pic of your bike before, but thats just nice! Glad to see the ZR7 exhaust looks ok, I'm gonna have one soon. Do you have any details on your fender elim, I have to make one soon.

1977 KZ650B1
-810cc
-Cavanaugh Racing Head
-Mikuni RS34's
-GPR Muffler

• hardr0ck68
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
10 Nov 2010 10:54 #412019 by hardr0ck68
no real details. It is a piece of scrap steel bent to fit where the fender did. My buddy welded some thin rods on to it to triangulate the light/plate mount. There are some better pictures of it somewhere on the forum.

If you would like I could ask my guy how much it would cost to knock another one out. He does great work, I just rattle canned mine, but if you like I could ask him about powder coating prices as well. He is storing my bike for the winter so he can use mine as a template. Let me know if you want me to get a price!

Yes Larry he bent up my fender eliminator as well, I don't have a sheet metal brake so it was not my project :P I did rebuild and jet my carbs, rebuild my brakes, install a zrx master in front and gsxr in the rear (oh he fabbed and welded a bracket for me so that is not mine either) I pull my head for a valve clean up and surfacing then re-install it with a newer top end, rewire my charging system 2x, I swapped hardley shocks on to get rid of my shot shocks and a boat load more work but really Rob does it all.

1977 kz650 c1

More
10 Nov 2010 10:55 #412020 by T_Dub
Get a price, I've got nothing to lose, if its cheap enough I'll get it to save myself the PITA to make one. Don't worry about coating tho, I've got a local guy who does mine for cheap.

1977 KZ650B1
-810cc
-Cavanaugh Racing Head
-Mikuni RS34's
-GPR Muffler

• hardr0ck68
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
12 Nov 2010 05:02 #412346 by hardr0ck68
Yesterday my guy bored the upper cases to accept the zx liners. So now the liners drop in. I imagine he will be welding the blocks together within the week.

1977 kz650 c1

Attachments: