78 Z1R
78 KZ1000
76 KH500 gone
71 HS1B 90
81 GS 1100 gone
80 PE400
02 KLR

Ontario Canada

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Sep 2010 09:14 #395606 by otakar
Replied by otakar on topic valve stem seals
larrycavan wrote:

Motor Head wrote:

Sorry to disappoint you larry. But there are already sent, and BJ can make the call to use them or not. I probably should have wrote "Stock Replacement", oh well he's got them for free anyway.:cheer:

I'm referring to the seals that come in the gasket kits, NOT the seals PP is selling.

Otto if any seals or gaskets can survive all the chemicals you put in your bike, they must be cast iron. Besides...a little birdie that saw your bike run tells me it smokes pretty good on startup. Couldn't be those wonder seals you keep pushing by any chance...now could it ??

Actually now that everything is seated (1600Mi) I have no more smoke. I did have some problem for the first 750Mi and I think that it was because I used too coarse of a hone on my cylinder walls. Now there is no smoke at all with the exception of some black smoke when I really romp on it. "Too rich, would you think?" :woohoo: But I get no plug fowling.

74 Z1-A stock
76 KZ-900 Totaly stock vice MAC pipe
77 KZ-1000A stock
78 Z1-R 100%MINT 500 original Mi.
78 Z1-R Yoshi 1103 kit stage 1 cams Yoshi pipe. Etc
79 KZ-1300 (1400)
80 KZ-1300
81 Scratch built GPz1150R
82 KZ1000

• hocbj23
  • Visitor
02 Sep 2010 12:52 #395640 by hocbj23
Replied by hocbj23 on topic valve stem seals
jeffasaki wrote:

SLAM LOL I got off the chemicals in high school

Damn,this is good.I havent had so much fun since the hogs ate my little brother.Hee-damn-haw.bj

More
27 Jul 2012 05:56 - 27 Jul 2012 06:08 #538940 by nads.com
Replied by nads.com on topic valve stem seals

otakar wrote: I rebuilt mine with Viton stem seals and do not have that problem. They can withstand MUCH MUCH higher temperature variances than the OE Neoprene ones. Also the Viton will not harden as quickly as Neoprene in hot oil. At this point I would not use anything else. Unless modern technology fines a newer and better polymer.

www.pitstopperformance.com/kawasaki-z1-k...on-set-of-eight-p-31

Amen to that!! I just tore the head off my motor since it was sucking oil so bad I had to
add oil about every time I got gas. Those Vesrah pieces of carp! That's two heads now.

They leak the second you start the motor after a build. I bent a valve two days ago,
going from 8,200 to 9,800. Bam a cylinder is down. No vacuum on cylinder one. I limped
it home for 3 miles and tore it apart. That exhaust valve tip was smashing outward,
and the stem was bent good. Can't see exactly what the cause was but I know it was the leaking
seals, that cylinder sucked the most oil too. A different valve was free moving in the
guide but I could care less. Ruined the old guide too.

The valve seals were all the way from torn, springs off, cracked all the way around.

So I did put the rings in right anyway :woohoo: I'm thinking the valve might have got
sticky, and there was thick carbon in the piston pocket and on the valve head too, so
there went the clearance.

It was fun tearing it all down :woohoo: But one thing really pisses me off.

second gear is poping out on a regular basis again and it's an all new gear that's
been back cut. I just can't seem to keep a second gear in tact for long.

I mentioned taking out the washer that hold second gear away but someone on the
drag forum saved me trouble by telling me they forgot that washer by accident and

the gear next to it rubbed teeth with second whent his bike was on the side stand.
Woah! I'm still deciding wether to go in and rescue it, but this time I'll at
least take some metal off that washer and grind the teeth on the adjacent gear
if I have to.

Cuz I'm sick of this happening. Week ago the clutch got hard to pull and was sqeaking.
I had to keep adjusting all the slack too it had all the sudden. Was about to Lawyer up
and go after motion pro when way out in the country, the clutch lever pulls in.

Got home took off the cable and it's not broken. I look down the oil cap holio and
see clutchy plates missing, quite alot of them. So I take off the clutch cover and
there are no pieces laying about.

Well I know you al aint very bright would never figure it out so I'll just tell you
The nylock nut that hold the clutch hub in place had spun all the way out till it
hit the cover.

Seems I'm babysitting quite a bit...
So now that's welded along with the countershaft nut I had already done. :angry:

I'll fix that second all right and when it's done I'll tell you exactly what the heck I
did.

If I have rearange things to daddys way of driving it shall be done B)

Cuz r6's are out there! And apparently have more power at 22.9000rpm to be had.

RRRR :angry: And nobody knows how to drive them and when to shift either.

Driving home without a clutch lever I realized you can shift fast wthouty.

OH BOY OH BOY COME ONE COME ALL I* GOTA KNEW GAME. I shifted like that on

my ke100 enduro and hit the throttle same time years ago. I was racing an rm50cc

modified bike of the neigbor. That thing was fast as hell! I second and the back

wheel locked up, sheared teeth off second gear half way around. With the kz, you don't

have to hit the throttle at the same time, just a second after you shift. Still,

I think that will shave 10sec. off a quarter mile :woohoo: If your bike whales like

mine. But right now I bench shifting :blink: Cuz I aint got no second gear.

If I hold my foot up on the shifter, it might stay in but it didn't last time

this happened. I've over-revved so many times coming out of second it can't be recorded.

TIRED of it! Putting foot down into snake hole not good feeling CHIEF!

And how many people are going :woohoo: waa haa! Yeah I'll get there.

It's like a wedding, if your anybody at all you have an obligation to show

up. I've got what it takes to bring a good race to all the 6's outhere so

yeah I gotta show up. For one noone else will , :lol: or even can. :blush:

Good to see the insed of the motor and how those cams never wear.
How the heck it all stays together I'll never know. And for some reason, when
the motor is singing with harmony, it doesn't matter the rpm, I never worry then.

Because it just won't do it then. :) Is that a sighn of life? :huh:
Last edit: 27 Jul 2012 06:08 by nads.com.

More
27 Jul 2012 06:02 #538941 by nads.com
Replied by nads.com on topic valve stem seals

otakar wrote: Viton@ is a fluoroelastomer also known as VITON®, FLUOREL ® , TECHNOFLON ® , DAI-EL ® and comes in every color under the sky with the exception of red. Red is reserved for Silicone. Vesrah gasket sets come with Viton seals but they are of the classic design, not the Armored seals which you have seen in all the pictures here

DONT say that word :pinch: shhh... it's secret plot to smog the world.