new power for pens bike!!

More
21 Jul 2010 19:57 #384498 by irishwill
Replied by irishwill on topic new power for pens bike!!
DoubleDub wrote:

Are you being serious or sarcastic, because on face value that makes me depressed. And I live in the land of Harley. :blush: On top of that, I would consider myself one of the "young" guys still....maybe I'm just getting old.

Im being serious...but Im sure its got something to do with where we are....trust me when I tell you this....we have as many red necks up here as you have down there ...haha

and really....Im ok with that....seems like as soon as something Im doing becomes really popular....I dont think its cool anymore....call it a flaw in my character ;-)

either way I agree that these bike were the darlings of an era...your never gonna see that again....it was just the time....sure there is gonna be super cool bikes cars things in the future....
but if you look at the time.....73 years before the Z1 we were on horses....so when you threw a leg over a 900 it was wow!!!! and the styling was "pure" for lack of a better word...no wind tunnel inspired body work....it came of a drafting table or a clay model ....Im ranting I know

anyway it was a big leap in motorcycle design....and to have the same impact today....well...I think maybe the hayabusa comes close in recent times on a performance level....
but it will never have the emotional element a Z1 does
just like a new challenger wont have what a '70 r/t challenger will have
same with the corvette,camaro, mustang....dont get me wrong I would love to have a new muscle car....and I do own a busa...
but ask yourself this....if your walking down the street and a brand new corvette is parked beside a "65 corvette both in mint condition....where do you look first?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jul 2010 20:05 #384503 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic new power for pens bike!!
im thinking,im thinking! if its a red 65 roadster id run to the barn and check under the tarp! :laugh:

Still recovering,some days are better than others.
Attachments:

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
21 Jul 2010 20:30 - 21 Jul 2010 20:31 #384510 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic new power for pens bike!!
under a tarp and a few mumified rodents,,,blue blow up dolls...wow....

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife
Last edit: 21 Jul 2010 20:31 by trianglelaguna.

More
21 Jul 2010 20:48 #384511 by irishwill
Replied by irishwill on topic new power for pens bike!!
Plummen WTF!!!!

you need to get on that!!!
hell I'll come help...for beer and bbq....
seriously nice car

someday ;-)

• kzz1p
  • User
  • One Test Is Worth A Thousand Expert Opinions!
More
21 Jul 2010 21:06 #384515 by kzz1p
Replied by kzz1p on topic new power for pens bike!!
Older bike are a part of our history. The newer bikes come and go so fast, they don't have time to be a big part of history. Z1's were the second model, of four cylinder motorcycles. It was a big thing in the motor wars.
Where I live Harleys have been the thing for years. You still have to watch where you go sometimes. It's no big motorcycle brotherhood here. Luckly some of the older Harley guys, like Z1's or had one when they were younger.
I know people with all kinds of bikes, it about the riding not the brand. I love them all!

• porchev914
  • User
  • Whats that? Half of my swingarm is missing?!?!?
More
21 Jul 2010 21:20 #384517 by porchev914
Replied by porchev914 on topic new power for pens bike!!
Plummen, you bastard for hiding that classic away! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

FRANKEN Z!
1978 KZ1000 A2A with 08'Speed Triple SSSA and '06 GSXR1000 front end

More
22 Jul 2010 04:34 #384549 by Old Man Rock
Replied by Old Man Rock on topic new power for pens bike!!
See guys... Plum is a scavenger.... He has all this really cool old stuff, in 3 different large shops mind you and what does he do.... Goes scavenges more vs. get on to fixing them puppies up...

Hell, the guy calls me on night then all of a sudden I hear this huge mechanical/rolling noise, fierce wind gush you name it... I was like holly crap, WTF was that...

"Plum replied the train just went by, I'm walking the tracks looking for old car parts and stuff"... :blink: Seriously, he was ON THE TRACKS!!!!

Freaking train was literally w/in 20' of hitting his dumbass.... :woohoo: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Crazy old fool....

I told him I'm coming out there with a trailer and whatever he wanted to drink... Get him good and drunk and load that baby up through visits to his shop(s).... :whistle:

1976 KZ900-A4
MTC 1075cc.
Camshafts: Kawi GPZ-1100 .375 lift
Head: P&P via Larry Cavanaugh
ZX636 suspension
MIKUNI, RS-34'S...
Kerker 4-1, 1.5" comp baffle.
Dyna-S E.I.
Earls 10 row Oil Cooler
Acewell 2802 Series Speedo/Tach
Innovate LC1 Wideband 02 AFR meter

Phoenix, Az

More
22 Jul 2010 06:58 #384563 by PLUMMEN
irishwill wrote:

Plummen WTF!!!!

you need to get on that!!!
hell I'll come help...for beer and bbq....
seriously nice car

someday ;-)

been sitting since the mid 80s in same spot,its got a date with a resto shop one day when i win the lottery! :laugh:

More
22 Jul 2010 07:07 #384565 by PLUMMEN
Old Man Rock wrote:

See guys... Plum is a scavenger.... He has all this really cool old stuff, in 3 different large shops mind you and what does he do.... Goes scavenges more vs. get on to fixing them puppies up...

Hell, the guy calls me on night then all of a sudden I hear this huge mechanical/rolling noise, fierce wind gush you name it... I was like holly crap, WTF was that...

"Plum replied the train just went by, I'm walking the tracks looking for old car parts and stuff"... :blink: Seriously, he was ON THE TRACKS!!!!

Freaking train was literally w/in 20' of hitting his dumbass.... :woohoo: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Crazy old fool....

I told him I'm coming out there with a trailer and whatever he wanted to drink... Get him good and drunk and load that baby up through visits to his shop(s).... :whistle:

you know the adress ya ol grump,bring a ryder truck! :woohoo: thats the trick of hunting for stuff along the old burlington northern line south of louisville.the trains dont come that often and when they do theyre on rails,so if youre 10-15' away your pretty damn safe! :laugh: theres a late teens-early 20's model T or at least the chassis and part of the body anyway along that stretch of tracks ive been eyeballing for years.
the farmer told me i could have it,just have to get motivated enough to pull it out of there in the fall when the weeds arent 10' tall ! :laugh:

More
22 Jul 2010 09:57 #384593 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic new power for pens bike!!
As Plum teaches the Art of Scavage

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Attachments:

More
22 Jul 2010 09:58 #384594 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic new power for pens bike!!
He recalls the early days

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Attachments:

• kzz1p
  • User
  • One Test Is Worth A Thousand Expert Opinions!
More
22 Jul 2010 15:59 #384657 by kzz1p
Replied by kzz1p on topic new power for pens bike!!
Days gone by.
Attachments: